How do I apply this patch?

Bakoro

How do I apply this patch?

Post by Bakoro » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could walk me through how to do a patch, I was trying to do this one:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1762&p=8831&hilit=setcraft#p8831

by EDGECOM, so that I can directly set crafting skill levels.

I tried using the TortoiseGituDiff thing: I opened the "GM COMMAND" patch file and clicked the "Apply Patch" button, then navigated to the Darkstar folder. I get an error message "The patch does not apply cleanly to (path)\lua_baseentity.cpp and no version information is given. Patching is not possible!"

Also, note that I have my folder in the E: drive, so I put in "E:/Darkstar Source Code/darkstar/..." instead of just "src/map/lua/lua_baseentity.h", because it was trying to point to the C: drive.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: How do I apply this patch?

Post by kjLotus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:01 pm

the patch is probably too old to be patched cleanly now (ie. it's trying to change things that have been changed since it was created)

Bakoro

Post by Bakoro » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply. I guess I might have to sit down and actually learn something then.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:16 am

You can open navicat and select the char_skills table and add/modify them there to specific levels. Sorry though, I am unsure what the skillid is for each. I know goldsmithing is ID 35.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:19 am

I would honestly recommend trying to manually apply the patch first. If you find that too difficult to do, then the patch has probably been made irrelevant by more recent changes and will require some consideration to re-implement.