Questions about Gardening

Djarum

Questions about Gardening

Post by Djarum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Me again...
Just wondering if gardening is not working or missing from the DSP code.
Also is there any way to edit cast times, recast times or MP cost of spells?

Thanks again for any info!
I know very little about a lot, and a lot about very little.
Djarum

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Questions about Gardening

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Gardening doesn't exist yet.

Individual spell data is in the spell_list database table, and various modifiers can change some of those on an all-spells or all-spells-of-a-type basis (see modifier.h and status.lua)
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Djarum

Post by Djarum » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:34 am

Ah ha! You said "yet"! Well then I'm sure some very smart person like yourself that knows all about the Lua Magic will take care of that when more pressing matters are tended to. Meanwhile!

Ah ha again! See I knew it was the (see_modifer.h) and the status thingy you said... I was just testing you to make sure you knew the Lua Magic!

Lies... It's all lies... I had no clue what I was looking at... The Lua Magic is weak within me...
I'm gonna go click on things now and act like I know what I'm doing...

Thank you again sir!
I know very little about a lot, and a lot about very little.
Djarum

realitythief

Post by realitythief » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 am

Hey now! That wasn't very nice! Hints... You will need to write the packet that is sent to the client after 0x00FD or 0x00FC is sent. I bet that the difference is FC ends in shell bugs, but the CS is hard to find. Bet that we will need 3 or 4 strings and 2 options for feeding crystals while using timers, what was it 6 earth days for a mature tree? I am fairly sure first the Mog house needs to be made to offer the Mog house expansion quests and then we will need to be able to alter the flower pot with the correct animation. Being that these are all missing, it may require a gardener to reverse engineer retail's codes...
Teo is not a troller and shares this with us. You got the time? Which packet is received in retail? What are the contents of that packet? We already have the just of it. As in set a timer in CharVar and write a very complex script allowing for the day 3 crystal to not be fed to the plant which yields nq items, and when the timer expires the next timer starts. Missing both timers and the window to harvest = withered plant and no items just 60 to 80 bugs. Miss matched crystals = shell bugs. And we can just !additem 2300 12... I want the option before harvest, dry the plants...

I'd settle for adding the right animation to a flower pot...

realitythief

Post by realitythief » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 am

From memory...

Gardening goes like this...
25% chance of bugs from the start. 3 day timer. Checking on the plant daily increases the chance of HQ2 result. I used to get 8 to 10 of 12 ores per harvest, for effort. Less when I missed checking a day. There is shell bugs, 10-12 possible, and NQ result if at least 1 crystal is fed to the plant. If no crystal was fed the first time the second add crystal message will be that the plant looks unhealthy. All 8 crystals need if statements and the day must match to gain HQ1 or HQ2 results, where as NQ results are not dependent on matching day and crystal. Like I said, moggle needs the zone in events added so that when you click on your Moggle you get the message for one day on the 3rd and 5th day to feed the plants crystals. There is a point before harvesting that the plant can be dried and preserved. Harvesting is when the range of rewards is calculated. If bugs packet 0x00FC, the HQ1 and 2 are not options and there is 33% chance of getting bugs and an item. Checking on all 6days adds points to your do.random, like th+1... Leaving the plant outside of the harvest window yields large amounts of bugs, great if you fish. Can anyone help build this?