Error FFXI-3117 and Windower problems

Xanthos

Error FFXI-3117 and Windower problems

Post by Xanthos » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 am

Hi guy, please can someone help me out.
Got game running on xiloader, created character fine but get following error when starting game on that character

Error Code: FFXI-3117
Failed to carry out user file operations.

Iv tried on a couple of servers and with and without firewalls on. I am running windows 10.
Iv also uninstalled and reinstalled following the instructions on the Wiki page.

I thought Id try using windower see if that makes a difference, again follow the instructions on the Wiki page but it keeps loading POL up and not xiloader. and every time I edit the setup file windower seems to revert it back to default settings and all added edits Iv made with server user password ect are gone. Iv tried making file read only and it still loads pol but edited setup remains.

Iv looked all over the internet and can't find any reasons why these things are happening.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Error FFXI-3117 and Windower problems

Post by whasf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:59 pm

running as admin?
-- Whasf

Xanthos

Post by Xanthos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:22 am

Thanks Whasf, It was an admin issue. I was having issues running as admin, had to run cmd as admin and type old school to ge it to boot up, for some reason running .bat file as admin doesnt work.
Still cant get windower working but Im happy to do things long way round to play again and can live without windowers extras.
Keep up good work guys.
:)

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 am

follow the instructions on the Wiki page but it keeps loading POL up and not xiloader
your path to the exe in your profile is wrong if that happens. windower will look in the ffxi install dir for pol.exe by default (which leads to ppl taking the lazy route and renaming the original..)

just stick xiloader somplace like

Code: Select all

C:\xiloader\xiloader.exe
or even rename it so other tools can find it like:

C:\xiloader\pol.exe
And then make sure your windower profile has

<executable>YOUR PATH HERE</executable>
in it.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Clinton769

Post by Clinton769 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 am

I'm having the same error. I'm using Xiloader. Are you saying xiloader needs to be run as admin? Or the 3 servers? I assumed it was caused from me rushing to test things out with an outdated client.... I'm waiting on my client to update so I can try again.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:12 am

the loader needs to run as admin. But if you run Ashita/Windower as admin, that will pass on to the loader.
-- Whasf