Trouble with Multi-User Local Server

PMad

Trouble with Multi-User Local Server

Post by PMad » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Hello!

So i successfully ran a server on my laptop and connected to it from my laptop and played awhile.

Then I re-created the server in my Server 2016 box and got everything working so i could connect from my laptop, played a bit, then decided to let my kids join in on the fun and play. aAAAAAaaaand this is where things went bad...

So at first, i was in... All was good, then i got onto my Son's account, logged in, created his character, but it wouldnt let him in. I dont know what I did at this point but when i went to pick his character to login that we just created, it showed the one from my account, but i picked it anyway and it logged in and it was him not me as it should have been. I looked at the server and it said: "Detected 2 instances from X.X.X.X. Returning best account match." The X's were my public IP, not the LAN IP or any other IP (like 127.0.0.1). So I did some research and it looks like the --hairpin command is supposed to fix this, but its not... I have all computers on all accounts (using Windower and xiloader.exe) with --hairpin and it still doesnt work. Sometimes i'm able to login to an account and the other accounts will show Error code: POL-0033. At this point, they will all have issues and the ones that threw error 0033 will always do that until i restart the server. Looking at the logs, all connections are showing the same IP address, my sons computer, mine, and the server are all the IP assigned by my ISP. I figure thats the issue since it probably doesnt know who to send the data to?

Is there a fix for this? Am i using --hairpin wrong?

jono659

Re: Trouble with Multi-User Local Server

Post by jono659 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 am

If it's all local why not use the lan address rather that the public ip. Query to the database to set the server local address eg

UPDATE zone_settings SET zoneip = '192.168.1.34';

Then in windower/ashita --Server 192.168.1.34. Leave it til on char is fully logged in before logging another in

PMad

Post by PMad » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:06 pm

jono659 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 am
If it's all local why not use the lan address rather that the public ip. Query to the database to set the server local address eg

UPDATE zone_settings SET zoneip = '192.168.1.34';

Then in windower/ashita --Server 192.168.1.34. Leave it til on char is fully logged in before logging another in
For the most part, this was my issue. I changed all the clients to use --hairpin and use the LAN IP, and it didnt work. But after restarting the server, it worked.

But i still have the one account, my account, on my laptop, that no matter what, gets POL-0033 every time. I jumped on my desktop and logged in with the same account successfully, but when getting on using my laptop again, didnt work. Something client-side is happening and i have no idea where to look. There's no firewall installed, and no antivirus.

jono659

Post by jono659 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 am

I would fully restart your laptop (not fast-start) and router. Also if server is on same machine try --server 127.0.0.1.

Shouldn't need hairpin, it's my understanding that is used where you are accessing your external ip from inside the network.

I stand to be corrected tho.

Jono