Ashita - Prompt Says "Closing"

Alexandre24

Re: Ashita - Prompt Says "Closing"

Post by Alexandre24 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:28 am

Okay, keep me informed. I look at my side if I do not find a solution, because it looks like the developers DSP remains moulted.

EDIT: This is very wierd! The same thing arrived at my local server. Ashita is connected and after that closing.
Attachments
dsp.jpg

fnx

Post by fnx » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 pm

My current Win10 machine is fully patched I have all the same programs installed as before and I have no issues connecting to any server.

Copying my (now working) install to the Win7 machine was met with the same infuriating shutdown the socket. (yes I updated all the paths and double check registry entries) So it is for sure something that happened to windows but figuring out just what may be a lost cause. Still, I am going to start digging through the windows updates that were released when I first started running into this issue.

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:10 am

You found nothing problem with windows 10?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I've never had luck with just copying it over and putting in registry keys. Clean install & update. That said I'm working fine on win10 with UAC off.
-- Whasf

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:17 am

Well, I did an own installation and update (perform from the night) of the client and still the same problem. Ashita is a b *** ch really, Grrr!

Edit: It's the same for windower, closing....

Edit 2: I found the problem. If you are in Windows 10, check in control pannel -> program and functionality -> Enable or disable Windows features and checked "inherited component" -> direct play
Attachments
dsp.jpg

fnx

Post by fnx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

For those on English Win10

Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components -> make sure DirectPlay is ticked

This is not available on Win7 though so I'm still looking for a solution on that front.