Loader Issues

Misermurphy

Re: Loader Issues

Post by Misermurphy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 am

Well I am at an impass here. I guess you all must think i'm a retard not being able to figure this out. FFxi was a fun game but I am going to have to give it up. I just cant figure out the issue.

Misermurphy

Post by Misermurphy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:40 am

Ok so I stumbled on to somthing as i was uninstalling the games. I found the polcore file and it reads polEU could this be the problem and if so how do I change it. Can it just be renamed.

Misermurphy

Post by Misermurphy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:44 am

Ok so we have fixed the registry error. But now when i attempt to load the game it tries to install the playonline viewer again. Its looking for a .msi file. Any ideas.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Seriously sounds like whatever copy you're installing, isn't complete.

KritixChoyce

Post by KritixChoyce » Sun May 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Ok so now I am getting this issue as well.

I had the game running just fine, locally. I could log in and log out with no issues. I made a character, lvl'd it up to 12 and I was overall satisfied with how the game was running.

I went into zone_settings and updated the ip address to reflect that of my PC so other computers on my network could log onto the server. Xiloader starts up, I am able to create an account and I see that reflected on the login server. However when I actually try to login with that account I get the response
"Failed to initialize instance of polcore!"

So I went back to my main computer, the one in which the server runs as well as what I was successfully playing on earlier. I tried to login with the first account and now I am getting the same error on this computer. I reverted everything back to what it was before. So to be clear, the ip address is again 127.0.0.1, however I am STILL getting the error and cant even play the way I could originally.

I have googled the phrase, "Failed to initialize instance of polcore!", and I am not finding a solid response. If someone has encountered this issue and has resolved it, please respond. I will sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks,
KritixChoyce

KritixChoyce

Post by KritixChoyce » Wed May 18, 2016 7:33 pm

No one has seen this and resolved it?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Sounds like a loader error, nothing to do with your IP change. Running as admin? Did you try rebooting too?
-- Whasf

KritixChoyce

Post by KritixChoyce » Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Yes. I have done both, on both computers. Its just odd that I would suddenly start experiencing that same issue on two different PC's. Especially after it was working just fine on the one. All I did was change the ip from 127.0.0.1 to my servers ip of 192.168.1.x. Now it just wont work. I get that same issue. It appears as though I connect to the login server, and I can even verify from the login server that i connect, but then I just immediately disconnect. It always gives me the same error.