Question with Client Updating

BlackBelt

Question with Client Updating

Post by BlackBelt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello,

I am currently a player of a public server and wanted to take a stab at development with DSP. My private test server is running fine locally and after configuring a profile on Ashita I get the FFXI-3331 game's data has been updated error message. Server side I receive: "lobbyview_parse: Incorrect client version: got 3051215_0, expected 30151223_0".

I know that the client is expecting me to update the game, but I've already done this process to play on a public server and am wondering if updating FFXI for a private server has any repercussions for playing the game on a different (public) server. I checked and noticed that the patch included in the setup is the same patch included in the client setup guide of DSP.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it safe to update FFXI when I'm already able to play the game on a public server? I don't mind updating, I just would ideally like to have a private server and a public server being capable of being run from Ashita.

Thank you!
-BlackBelt

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Question with Client Updating

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:34 pm

if you update your client and the server you play on does not, then you will get the same message when trying to connect to the public server (even though your version is ahead)

if you don't want to update, just open the version.info file and change the number to 30151215_0

of course, playing on the wrong version might give you a few oddities (should just be certain cutscenes and NPC names this time around)

BlackBelt

Re: Question with Client Updating

Post by BlackBelt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Thank you so much!