Unable to connect to server

warlockvix

Unable to connect to server

Post by warlockvix » Mon May 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello all. I'm minutes away from banging my head on my desk because I can't figure this out. I've been running a DSP server since 2013. Clients on WAN and LAN could connect and had no issues. Over the weekend, my VM server crashed and instead of restoring the server to a server 2003 again, I decided to put DSP on a Win 2008 server. After I installed 2008 I dropped the firewall, changed the IP to the old IP and verified connectivity. Then I installed all necessary software, cloned project, created and updated the DB, restored accounts table, altered zoneip field and brought up the 3 servers.

Because the 3 servers started without any errors I tried to login from my PC with the FFXI client. I received "Failed to connect to server". I was using the old ashita. I downloaded v2 and received the same thing. I verified my settings and googled a few things. I saw my client was really out of date so I decided to update. FFXI was on a full HDD so I uninstalled all of FFXI including expansions and POV. I reinstalled everything on a less full HDD with the DVD and let the client update. I setup my FFXI client again and used Ashita v2. Still getting "Failed to connect to server". So I tried xiloader and same error. I tried with hairpin and without. I tried with the local IP, the local DNS name and the external DNS name. I tried changing the zoneip field in the DB to my external IP, changed it to the integer of the local IP and then to the integer of the external IP. After every change and reset of the login server, I still receive "Failed to connect to server".

I can ping the server and connect to the DB remotely and the firewall on my PC isn't blocking the connection. The DSConnect-server isn't showing any attempts at a connection and the logs are clean. It's sitting at -
[16/May 20:41][Status] The login-server is ready to work...

So have I missed something? This is a clean install of DSP and the FFXI client using Ashita v2. Any suggestions would be great because I really don't know what to do at this point.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Unable to connect to server

Post by kjLotus » Mon May 16, 2016 10:11 pm

your connect server is probably binding to localhost instead of anything external (login_darkstar.conf)

fnx

Post by fnx » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 am

Change the 192.168.1.11 to your internal IP and you should be good.

login_darkstar.conf

#--------------------------------
#TCP/IP parameters
#--------------------------------

login_data_ip: 192.168.1.11
login_data_port: 54230
login_view_ip: 192.168.1.11
login_view_port: 54001
login_auth_ip: 192.168.1.11
login_auth_port: 54231

warlockvix

Post by warlockvix » Tue May 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Ha! The first time I changed the settings, i skipped over the login data because it wasn't in the old version's cfg file. The server is acknowledging my login request now.
Thank you both!