GoV Pages not registering

Ranik

GoV Pages not registering

Post by Ranik » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Every private server I have tried has had GoV successfully working. When I compile my server, the GoV scripts show the correct text but when a page is selected nothing is actually registered in the database and no confirmation is given. FoV is working without an issue. What am I missing or what do I need to update to get this feature working? Do I need to update the Per zone msg ID of "new training regime registered!" in the GoV lua script?

Delaide

Re: GoV Pages not registering

Post by Delaide » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:39 pm

In this: https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... ttings.lua

Does GROUNDS_TOMES = 1; -- Enables Grounds of Valor tombs have 1 set?

Ranik

Post by Ranik » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:49 pm

I was hoping it was something simple such as missing a ;

-- FIELDS OF VALOR/Grounds of Valor SETTINGS
REGIME_WAIT = 1; --Make people wait till 00:00 game time as in retail. If it's 0, there is no wait time.
FIELD_MANUALS = 1; -- Enables Fields of Valor manuals
LOW_LEVEL_REGIME = 0; --Allow people to kill regime targets even if they give no exp, allowing people to farm regime targets at 75 in low level areas.
GROUNDS_TOMES = 1; -- Enables Grounds of Valor tomes

Is the current config. Any other settings that could inadvertently have an effect on GoV actually registering in the database?

Ranik

Post by Ranik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:41 am

I'm guessing this works out of the box for most. I have rebuilt the server from scratch, left all config at default except for the sql info and have the exact issue on the new build. I'm currently building on Debian 9 due to GCC 5 support built in by default. I'm curious what OS's are being used in cases where GoV is working without issue.

Currently I have no issues navigating the text in the books. Buffs you can buy with the tabs are also working. The issue is after you select the page to repeat or not repeat nothing is registered in the database and you do not see the 2 blank lines of text which occurs after selecting a FoV page.

Any advise on what could be going wrong, or a Linux distro which is known to function in case this is a bug with the Debian 9 compiler is greatly appreciated!

Ranik

Post by Ranik » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:21 pm

I was finally able to resolve this by swapping to 32 bit Ubuntu 16.04. Under 64bit Debian 9 (testing) updateGov was never getting called (as no debugging print statements would hit the terminal) therefore the system would not update the variables in the database. Not sure why this behavior is occurring but appears to be an issue with the Debian GCC compiler after all.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 pm

ah, we still have some numbers that don't work properly in lua depending on 32 vs 64 bit, but I think its only on linux (signed vs unsigned, mostly), and it's guaranteed that the onEventFinish is checking some number instead of doing a bitwise check like it should

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 pm

I think FoV got a change in its global and that probably didn't get duplicated in GoV's global (remember GoV began as a copy of whatever FoV was at the time).
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS