Every thing working part from DSGame-server

DarkAidz

Every thing working part from DSGame-server

Post by DarkAidz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:39 am

When i try to run DSGame-server.exe it just flashes up then goes and i can work out that its trying to connect to the sql server with a password but my mysql server dosnt have a password and i have edited map_darkstar.conf to make it so it should load without a password but it still trys useing a pass work can any body help me!?
and thank you for in the future for the people that try to help me

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Every thing working part from DSGame-server

Post by bluekirby0 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 am

I would highly suggest that you set a password for your database. If you need some help figuring out how to do so, see the relevant wiki page for some help setting it up. The particular section linked to is meant for linux, but it will work on a mysql command-line regardless.

DarkAidz

Post by DarkAidz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 am

The reason why i didnt set a password for my database was because i only want the server running on localhost any was so no one else can join anyway because i only want to play it by my self.

Zedingo
Developer

Post by Zedingo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 am

If you're on a secure system, it's usually easier to set a simple password than trying to get everything to work with no password. Some stuff thinks you just skipped entering one while configuring and won't even start.

DarkAidz

Post by DarkAidz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 pm

@zedingo thanks alot that worked :D