Missions that include BCNM Fights with cutscene

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Ayame

Missions that include BCNM Fights with cutscene

Post by Ayame » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:12 pm

When entering a BCNM Fight that includes a cs the time start counting down right away, I believe you get place outside after the cs and have the option to enter the bcnm when ready.
Last edited by Ayame on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GraveNET

Re: Missions that include BCNM Fights with cutscene

Post by GraveNET » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am

Ayame wrote:When entering a BCNM Fight that includes a cs the time start counting down right away, the count down should start after the cs is done.
actually if i'm not mistaken cutscenes in the BCNM are part of the BCNM timer.. they do not pause because that time is typically shared with all the users within the party.

some read faster than others.. therefore the only way SE ever did it was to make cs's part of the time frame.
Unless i've mistaken your statement above.

Example: Airship fight contains CS's even during the fight and I recall always telling people ~~ READ FAST because at one time those seconds were precious.

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Nope, what they did is they give you the cs but doesn't place you inside the bcnm right after its done, then when everybody is done with the cs and ready you get the option to enter the bcnm.
that's how its suppose to be so everyone enter around the same time and not waste any precious time watching/reading a long cs.

GraveNET

Post by GraveNET » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Ayame wrote:Nope what they did is they give you the cs but doesn't place you inside the bcnm right after its done, then when everybody is done with the cs you get the option to enter the bcnm.
that's how its suppose to be so everyone enter around the same time and not waste any precious time watching a long cs.
Well, then I have another question. In retail, if say you and I enter the Dragon fight 2-3 and I skip the cs and goto battle while your in it... and I finish the fight before you get out of your cutscene, you still got credit for beating it.

The idea of still being outside during your cs would suggest that you wouldnt get credit since technically your not in the bcnm yet? ((I'm really just looking to clarify the idea since i know for a fact you do get credit even if still in cs)) upon completion of first cs the second would immediately start.

I could seriously be wrong and maybe there's a marker for completion of the fight -- but the game would have to know your still outside and obtain it. no?

Ayame

Post by Ayame » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 pm

ok if you enter before me while i'm still in a cs and you win the fight I don't get the credit because once a person engage a mob anybody that's not inside the bcnm wont be able to enter and there for they won't get the win. This goes for regular bcnm fight / mission fight.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Unless SE changed it since I last did a BCNM on retail this is completely wrong, the timer always started before the cut scene was over. I used to skip them when helping people and set the time record while they were still in CS and as soon as their enter cs was over they'd get the win CS and victory credit. If it is not this way on retail now, it was definitely changed.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

GraveNET

Post by GraveNET » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Ayame wrote:ok if you enter before me while i'm still in a cs and you win the fight I don't get the credit because once a person engage a mob anybody that's not inside the bcnm wont be able to enter and there for they won't get the win. This goes for regular bcnm fight / mission fight.
This is wrong cause as a Highlevel toon I'd always slaughter it before my wife came out of CS and she still got credit - again the example being the dragon fight 2-3.

She'd get CS while I skipped and killed dragon..
Now in LIMBUS or other areas yes if people are not in prior to engaging your screwed they are left outside but a MISSION bcnm always gave credit.

GraveNET

Post by GraveNET » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:07 pm

forgottenandlost wrote:Unless SE changed it since I last did a BCNM on retail this is completely wrong, the timer always started before the cut scene was over. I used to skip them when helping people and set the time record while they were still in CS and as soon as their enter cs was over they'd get the win CS and victory credit. If it is not this way on retail now, it was definitely changed.
exactly where I was going with this, only difference is BCNM/treasure coffer fights or battle areas like limbus
where as once the hum started if someone engaged inside and group was not fully in the hum ended upon attacking a mob. others left outside.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Yep, I forgot those are technically also BCNM.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

link
Developer

Post by link » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 am

I remember engaging and fighting Shadow lord whilst other party members who hadn't completed the mission were stuck in CS (retail 2006). The timer started when the first member entered the BCNM.