San d'Oria Mission The Rescue Drill not working

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Drinkie

San d'Oria Mission The Rescue Drill not working

Post by Drinkie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:23 am

As this is what i shall refer to as a "Rank-Up" quest i thought i would mention that it cannot be completed or even progressed once it's started i did see somewhere to open up Navicat or in my case HeidiSQL and go into "Char_var" and change the "Mission" value however there isn't one there only "charid" "varname" and "value"

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: San d'Oria Mission The Rescue Drill not working

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 am

it works and has been working for quite a long time, you have missed an npc or are multiboxing causing the var to not be set when talking to the npc. A variable named "MissionStatus" will have a value set each time after speaking with the correct NPCs.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Drinkie

Post by Drinkie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:10 am

Multiboxing? how do i actually activate that? or rather how to i avoid activating it? all i have open when i'm playing are the 3 server EXE's Chrome and Windower 4 along with the game itself

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:02 am

Multi boxing is common FFXI slang for running multiple characters, and in the context of private servers additionally implies "on the same connection" at any point during any of said characters sessions. If you only had one character on, you weren't so don't worry about that and just recheck the NPCs.

All missions start out with their status at zero, and when you go to the next NPC/cut scene event/whatever it will go up, at which point you will see a variable (the varname column) set (the exact name is base don mission line - for the 3 nations, is it "MissionStatus") with a non zero number assigned to it (value column).

Minor note: You should never see a blank varname nor a value of zero set in that table (the server treats any var not set as zero, and setting it to zero triggers its removal).
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Drinkie

Post by Drinkie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Ohhh i see i have in a sense had multiple characters but due to missions glitching out i've had to delete them but i've only had one at a time