Cannot spend guild points at any guid rep

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
Spaceman

Cannot spend guild points at any guid rep

Post by Spaceman » Thu May 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello all, first time poster long time reader.

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue on my server whereby players cannot spend GP on guild items. All of the trade reps behave the same; the dialogue works but once a selection of and item is made the item is not added, the GP are not removed, and the dialogue loops back to the "Exchange points for..." option window. Things I've noted:
- Performs this way with HQ crystals (all of them), key items, and regular items.
- When selecting a HQ crystal and after entering the number of crystals desired, the dialogue box "Proceed with the transaction?" displays the correct GP amount possessed by the character. Upon going through the purchase process again without deactivating/reactivating the NPC the GP display will change to the itemID of the previous HQ crystal selected, not the character's actual GP amount. This does not happen with key items or regular items.
- If a character does not have the GP to buy an item, no notification is made and the dialogue loop continues.
- I'm working with the 1/16/2017 version of the crafting.lua file, completely unmodified.
- I last updated my client on 5/11/2017 to see if that would fix the issue (it did not).
- There is nothing immediately obvious to me in the code of the crafting.lua file or in the NPC scripts that would cause this.

Any tips/pointers on where the issue may be? Thanks.
Screens for reference: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DHa ... E1MVXpkOVk

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Cannot spend guild points at any guid rep

Post by whasf » Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 pm

any errors in the server log?
-- Whasf

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Thu May 11, 2017 8:18 pm

No, nothing unusual to me at all. When I activate the NPC it shows 'performing action 00' and displays what I assume are packet exchanges as per normal. I tried to insert some print statements as well as player:additem statements into the unionRepresentativeTriggerFinish function of the crafting.lua file to see what I could get, but nothing returned in the console/log or was given in the character inventory when attempting to buy guild items of any kind. When I did the same statements directly in the NPC's script within the IF statement governing the csid for purchasing items, it printed/gave items just fine.

I removed the modified files after testing them like this and replaced them with the originals, just in case.

Additionally, put a dump of the server log in the shared link from the first post in case you or someone else can make more of it than I. If there is any further info you'd like me to collect please let me know. Thanks!

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri May 12, 2017 8:45 am

Hmm, I haven't heard of any other reports of this. Open an issue on https://github.com/DarkstarProject/darkstar/issues and we can see what happens.
-- Whasf

Spaceman

Post by Spaceman » Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 am

Done and done. Thanks for the help so far!

maxtherabbit
Developer

Post by maxtherabbit » Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

hackandslash on oldschool mentioned it to me the other day, his char is having the same issue

Siete

Post by Siete » Sun May 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Same here on my Chef minion