@hide command

Forum rules
NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED!
kernel

@hide command

Post by kernel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Not sure if you guys are experiencing this but after the last update I noticed @hide GM command works until you zone anywhere then it wears off. I remember using it before and it stayed on no matter which zone you went to until you turned it off manually. Basically it turns off any time you zone. I know it's a little issue but just ignore it if its irrelevant at the moment. Thanks :)

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: @hide command

Post by kjLotus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:08 pm

every command is reset on zone now (except godmode). just a side effect of how I changed the zoning process

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:52 am

kjLotus wrote:every command is reset on zone now (except godmode). just a side effect of how I changed the zoning process
Any reason the player object can't be passed between the servers to prevent this? Rather then going the DB route of storing current states.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:26 am

atom0s wrote:
kjLotus wrote:every command is reset on zone now (except godmode). just a side effect of how I changed the zoning process
Any reason the player object can't be passed between the servers to prevent this? Rather then going the DB route of storing current states.
sounds like more work for almost nothing

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks KJ and Atom0s. It's no big deal but I was just curious if it was noticed. Thanks again :)

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:11 pm

atom0s wrote:
Send it as a "message" maybe?
-- Whasf

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:52 pm

whasf wrote:
atom0s wrote:
Send it as a "message" maybe?
there's way too many things that would have to be deep copied, it's not really feasible just to make @hide work through zones

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:49 pm

kjLotus wrote:there's way too many things that would have to be deep copied, it's not really feasible just to make @hide work through zones
The idea was to just send the full player object, so no manual shit would need to be done. Just cast to a byte array, and on the receiving server, cast it back and make the needed modifications after zoning etc.

Something like @hide failing to persist across zones makes it kind of useless to even have now.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:42 am

atom0s wrote:
kjLotus wrote:there's way too many things that would have to be deep copied, it's not really feasible just to make @hide work through zones
The idea was to just send the full player object, so no manual shit would need to be done. Just cast to a byte array, and on the receiving server, cast it back and make the needed modifications after zoning etc.

Something like @hide failing to persist across zones makes it kind of useless to even have now.
how are you going to send pointers to a different process?

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 am

kjLotus wrote:
atom0s wrote:

how are you going to send pointers to a different process?
The send/recv part wouldn't use the pointer objects. You'd send the raw data of that structure. Then the receiving server would populate the structure (create a new instance of the object, copy the data over it etc).