dspdb Frontend (WIP)

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
DeVeous

dspdb Frontend (WIP)

Post by DeVeous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 am

I'm sure there are a million of these floating around, so I'm going to go ahead and make it a million and one. I started working on a front-end to the database a few days. Some areas are slow going cause I'm familiarizing myself with the data as I go. The first pass it just to pull all relevant data and display it, then go back and replace flag and bitmask values with readable data. The app is a way from being done, the reason I'm posting is to see if anyone would want to collaborate on this.

My goal right now is just to display all relevant data in easy to understand format. Once that's accomplished I plan to make the data editable.

You can see an demo of the app against my data, I'm working armor now, so everything past 'weapons' is not ready.
http://chimerasites.dyndns.org

Or, you can checkout you own. You'll need to update the 'GlobalVariables.php' in the config folder with your db info
svn - http://www.chimerasites.com/dspdbfephp/

PS - Tested in Chrome and IE. For any visually discrepancies I went with what looked best in Chrome.
Last edited by DeVeous on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: dspdb Frontend (WIP)

Post by whasf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 am

That's pretty neat! I like it
-- Whasf

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Added a script viewer to NPCs, Zones, Mobs, Items, Abilities and Spells. Will need to change the path to your scripts in the 'GlobalVariables.php' located in the config folder.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am

...oh, that's just yummy. Makes it so much easier to look up data. I like this.

Amant

Post by Amant » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 am

Very sharp and impressive! Your kung fu is strong \m/

Thank you for this! Will make it much easier than digging around in phpmyadmin :)

eg0e

Post by eg0e » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm

I spent around 30 seconds looking at this, but your BST and DRG jobs are inverted (BST shows DRG skills and vice versa) there may be others, but I didn't bother looking.

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks eg0e, I have that updated on my server and will get the SVN updated tomorrow.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 pm

seems to be down. I also repo'd your svn but no clue on how to use it. I configured the global vars but how do I get this to run?

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Metalfiiish wrote:seems to be down. I also repo'd your svn but no clue on how to use it. I configured the global vars but how do I get this to run?
You'd need a web server to run it from, along with PHP and potentially the PHP SQL extensions. Not particularly hard to set up, though. Apache is kind of the go-to, if you're comfortable running a web server. See also: "LAMP," or Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Pretty easy to set up on Ubuntu with some basic Googling, if you wanted to throw it on a VM or pre-existing Linux machine.

You may also be able to open the pages via drag-and-drop into a browser, but idk if that'll fly.

Edit:
Noticed that "Mobs" didn't work because it's looking for mobs.php instead of Mobs.php. Not sure if Windows doesn't care about that, but Linux does differentiate. :)

Edit edit:
In hindsight, hooking the "scripts" option from a Linux server might be a little intimidating, so if someone knows how to make that happen on Windows, their input is valuable :)

Edit the final:
Threw three screenshots up to show what the tool does, for when the preview is down :) Pretty snazzy if you need to pull anything from the database, especially when it comes to mobs.
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 am

hrm I have a lamp server setup on my debian box at home. It does'nt need to be on the same box as the Db does it? I run the DSP serv and database on a win XP VM.