dspdb Frontend (WIP)

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
ex0r

Re: dspdb Frontend (WIP)

Post by ex0r » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

it's most likely got a configuration setting to specify db location

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 pm

Metalfiiish wrote:hrm I have a lamp server setup on my debian box at home. It does'nt need to be on the same box as the Db does it? I run the DSP serv and database on a win XP VM.
/config/GlobalVariables.php has some settings to point it at the database. They'll be right at the top in your text editor of choice. Keep in mind that you're connecting from a separate box, so you may have to edit the Darkstar database's user, or create a remote user with read permissions.

While you're in GlobalVariables, there's two other options to change.
$logical_path -- Not certain if this is necessary, but it exists
$script_path -- "Script" tabs won't work without this. You'll have to share them on the Windows VM, and mount them on your Debian box, unless you don't mind not having the feature.

From there, just open the web directory in a browser. The login doesn't seem to work (validate.php is missing), and "Mobs" won't work unless you rename or copy /pages/Mobs.php. It's looking for /pages/mobs.php with lower case.

ex0r

Post by ex0r » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:
Metalfiiish wrote:hrm I have a lamp server setup on my debian box at home. It does'nt need to be on the same box as the Db does it? I run the DSP serv and database on a win XP VM.
/config/GlobalVariables.php has some settings to point it at the database. They'll be right at the top in your text editor of choice. Keep in mind that you're connecting from a separate box, so you may have to edit the Darkstar database's user, or create a remote user with read permissions.

While you're in GlobalVariables, there's two other options to change.
$logical_path -- Not certain if this is necessary, but it exists
$script_path -- "Script" tabs won't work without this. You'll have to share them on the Windows VM, and mount them on your Debian box, unless you don't mind not having the feature.

From there, just open the web directory in a browser. The login doesn't seem to work (validate.php is missing), and "Mobs" won't work unless you rename or copy /pages/Mobs.php. It's looking for /pages/mobs.php with lower case.
Kind of weird that it's not finding it, php isn't case sensitive. Woner why the author would implement case sensitivity.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Not sure. It looks like it's trying to pull up the pages via JavaScript/HTML though. You end up with a standard 404, /pages/mobs.php not found. sudo cp /var/www/Mobs.php /var/www/mobs.php, fixed.

I suppose I should've done a symlink, though.

Edit:
Oh, and Opera. I always forget that Opera is derp at times.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah, replace that cp with ln -s or better yet, fix the code so that case-sensitivity is no longer an issue. Most developers do this by making everything lower-case, but you can also fix all the references in the code to match your file-names.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Ah, but if I fix it on my end, I have to maintain it whenever there's a conflict with the SVN :)

Edit:
Found another small bug. Under abilities, SMN has their pacts listed, but the Script tab is unable to find them because they're located in /scripts//globals/abilities/pets/

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Sorry all, I've been out of the loop for a while, new job has limited my free time.

I've updated the demo site and SVN with the two bugs mentioned (Mob case and SMN Abilities). I'll do my best to starting updating the pages based on some of the new BD tables and structure.

Also, anyone who wants to help with the tool I'll be happy to add to the SVN. PrBlahBlahtson, thank you for helping others out.

Please let me know any issues, I'll do my best to keep the tool up to date.

codiddle

Post by codiddle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:45 pm

I feel like a noob. I am somewhat familiar with WAMP server... I've been able to do some things with wordpress and jinzora jukebox, however, this web page just isn't doing what it should be. It's loading and everything, but there's these error messages all over the pages. I guess I'm not hooking the script folder correctly. It is scripts, and not the database itself, correcto? I guess I can try the latter and see if that helps... Here's what overlays the index.php page:
( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: admin in C:\wamp\www\main.php on line 75
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0007 679520 {main}( ) ..\main.php:0

( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: code in C:\wamp\www\main.php on line 76
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0007 679520 {main}( ) ..\main.php:0

I have checked the main.php file and it seems to be fine, and I didn't see anywhere in any posts where I need to edit that file at all. Maybe it's Firefox...?

Here's my config file:

<?PHP
if (!defined('IN_DSP')) {
exit;
}
$dbconnect = true;
$connect = @mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "password");
if (!$connect):
$dbconnect = false;
else :
mysql_select_db("dspdb",$connect);
endif;

$logical_path = "C:\Users\Codev\Desktop\DSP_Frontend"; <- this is where I installed the source for the front end
$script_path = "C:\Users\Codev\Desktop\Games\FFXI_DSP\Server\scripts"; <- this is where my scripts are being held captive
?>

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:37 pm

$connect = @mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "password");

Replace those with your server, username, and password for the dspdb, assuming you haven't already.

codiddle

Post by codiddle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Pr, ur awesome! I tried that, it's configured now with root as username and ascent as password, but it's still broken ._. i guess i'll keep tryin! I actually got this error now:
( ! ) SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: admin in C:\wamp\www\main.php on line 75 ... same old error. It has something to do with these variables admin and code. Maybe they're not being read, or there's a problem with how WAMP is preconfigured for how much data can I/O at one time. Their conf files are ridiculously long. The cool thing is, the web page is showing up... it's just not connecting to my DB, I guess.