AH Loader With Prices Based Off FFXIAH.com Data

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
xelloss

Re: AH Loader With Prices Based Off FFXIAH.com Data

Post by xelloss » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 pm

It may be working for you but it is not working for me. My SQL tables are the latest from the GIT repos. For now I'm just going to line by line correct the *.out file to match the missing entries in my tables.

xelloss

Post by xelloss » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:03 pm

xelloss wrote:Anyone with actual coding experience know how the file "ffxiah.out" is being created? Is it something this program generated, or was it pulled from somewhere else? Can we build it from something else, instead of searching line by line? Besides White Magic, the following have ffxiah.out file missing entries based on the errors thrown when utilised as of me playing with it right now: Ninjutsu, Materials ( all subfields ), Ingredients, Misc, Beast-Made, and Ninja Tools. I'm not relishing the idea of combing through item by item line by line to fix the tool, but I don't really know of a better tool to use for this purpose.
Well, found the answer to my question in the original copy post:
brawndo wrote: I created a Perl script that would scrape FFXIAH.com, and retrieve only the price and sell rate of each auction-able item. This is a time consuming process, taking over 25 hours to do so. I can make this script available if anyone would like. Using this information, I created a method to make the AH stock be reflective of the sell rate on FFXIAH. For example, an item that rarely sells will be on the AH in low quantities using this program and vica versa.
So now I guess my question would be, is anyone still around who happens to have Brawndo's perl file for scraping the FFXIAH server?

deltasrage

Post by deltasrage » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:43 pm

I would also like to know how the .out file was created in the first place. this program has stopped working again simply because of missing items in the out file. it would be a huge help for all of us if there was something that scraped the AH and created a new out file in the same format.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:39 am

Or just use the python tool, which works. Its a few posts down, same forum.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS