darkstar-afterhours: The FFXIAH Clone

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
bluesolarflare

Re: darkstar-afterhours: The FFXIAH Clone

Post by bluesolarflare » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Got everything working thanks. I was able to get the login/logout working plus I created one for when players level up as well which is announced to world chat along with on the main dashboard chat logs.

One issue I am running into now that I got everything up and running is that when I browse the AH, it shows Stacks of items as the same price as Singles. When I click on the stack, it shows the correct price in the Stats on the right. I checked "getitem.php" to ensure that it is pulling with the correct buyer/seller name that I have setup with my broker along with other files that reference either Darkstar or Afterhours as the seller/buyer. Any thoughts? Thanks.

krynn

Post by krynn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:23 pm

This was fixed in a later version of darkstar-afterhours, check the GitHub page there may or may not have been updates since the version you grabbed.

Cheers,
Kyau

Rictor

Post by Rictor » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Any chance to get some assistance setting this up... I am running a server with XAMPP ... and seem to be having trouble getting connected to MYSQL

I am still looking into getting it up... thanks in advance

krynn

Post by krynn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Make sure your PHP install has the mysql module enabled would be my first thought.

Rictor

Post by Rictor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:20 pm

OK connected... now I am not sure whats up with the 'Help' and 'Download' pages.... not there .... havent touched the code ... just error out

http://tsafterhours.servegame.com/

Let me know what I got wrong here ... but When I am logged into the game shows my char. is there .... even when I log out and log back in ... my char. appears on the list almost instantly once logged in.

Also, thanks for the help in advance ... I know you don't have to help, but I appreciate that ya do... !!!

krynn

Post by krynn » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 pm

To get those pages to work correctly with the way I coded it you have to add rewrite rules into your web server. I have the rules posted in the README on GitHub, if you are not using NGINX you can google how to do rewrites for any other software they are all similar.

Code: Select all

rewrite ^/(ah|download|help|recipes|shops|users)$ /$1.php last;
rewrite ^/(ah|download|help|recipes|shops|users)/$ /$1.php last;
rewrite ^/(ah|char|item|shops)/([^\?]*)$ /$1.php?id=$2 last;
rewrite ^/recipes/([^\?]*)/([^\?]*)$ /recipes.php?cat=$1&rank=$2 last;
location = /include/config.inc { deny all; }
These are the NGINX rules. The purpose of this was for better SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

Rictor

Post by Rictor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Using XAMPP for server , I am not sure what the rewrites are supposed to be ...

I assume its each individual file ie... AH.php, download.php....etc need an edit or change of some sort ...

krynn

Post by krynn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:13 pm

The rewrites are for the web server itself, it translates URLs from pages such as `/char.php?id=xxxx` into `/char/xxxx` which makes them more compliant with how search engines sort things (ie. the part about SEO).

Every web server software has the capabilities to do such a thing if you are using XAMPP that uses Apache generally. For Apache you would use mod_rewrite.

Rictor

Post by Rictor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:39 am

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script."

I guess I am doing something wrong .... lol

**Edit**

I guess I should state the obvious here... I have no formal training or education...everything I have learned over time has been self taught.... I am familiar with using things like Joomla, Simple Machines, phpBB, etc...

I have been learning some LUA for working with FFXI.. taught by another individual that is running his own server... He/I use my test server to work out the bugs before going to the live server.... I just got sidetracked by your application here and thought it would be nice to implement...

With Apache I have added the .htaccess file to implement the rewrite ... i keep getting the error above, I have been toying with the command structure to get it to work and have had no success

Also I am not sure what to do with the ffxiah_import_xml.php file ....

It would seem that the java isnt loading up... I dont get the "enslaving taru" message or any of the others as it loads the java portion of the information requested... (think I worded that correct)

I do have the rewrite in place and it appears to be allowing it to work ... but still get the errors

It would appear that the raw pages work if i go directly to them... aka... site/users.php It will show the list of users on the server... but the SEO version doesnt work .... so I would guess something is wrong with the rewrite... I would also assume the connection to the DB and the server are good if its collecting the names of the users from the server.

Also on the topic of the SEO... the search function doesnt appear to be working ... which I would assume will fix itself one the rewrite is working...?

I maintain the server on my end.... if it would be easier to give ya access via Teamveiwer that is something I can arrange... I am off work today and tomorrow.... but will be off to see Rogue One at 7pm EST.... lol

Rictor

Post by Rictor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:42 pm

OK... so the rewrite is working...(I think...)

Now most of the links work... Just when I try to check on things like AH items or Recipes it times out...

Also the icon links, for gear and such, appear to be appear to not be working

....EDIT **

Is the NM functionality available and working ?

and apparently the login logout functions aren't work for me either