Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Lucious_Llama

Re: Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:09 pm

The only thing that needs to be running for the broker is the mysql database server, which starts automatically when you log into Windows.
It should be set up and populated using the darkstar server setup guide (https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Building_the_Server)

Also, I should mention that running the scrub script is only needed when you want to create the items.csv from the prices listed currently on ffxiah.com.
It sounded like you did that before and it finished just fine. Just make sure the items.csv it produced is in the place you have told the broker.

As to why python can not find pydarkstar correctly, I am at a loss. The purpose of the PYTHONPATH line is to let python know where to find pydarkstar.

Code: Select all

set PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;"C:\Users\FFXI Server\Desktop\Server Tools\Auction House\pydarkstar"
I think having spaces in the directory names is throwing it off. You could try surrounding the entire expression with quotes:

set PYTHONPATH="%PYTHONPATH%;C:\Users\FFXI Server\Desktop\Server Tools\Auction House\pydarkstar"
Or you could remove the spaces from your directories, but I'm guessing you have other tools that may already be setup with the current configuration. They may need updated as well.

# OLD
C:\Users\FFXI Server\Desktop\Server Tools\Auction House\pydarkstar

# NEW
C:\Users\FFXIServer\Desktop\ServerTools\AuctionHouse\pydarkstar

set PYTHONPATH="%PYTHONPATH%;C:\Users\FFXIServer\Desktop\ServerTools\AuctionHouse\pydarkstar"

Crosine

Post by Crosine » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Working now fantastic! Thanks Llama this is an excellent tool to add to my server arsenal. :D

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Glad it is working.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Hey Llama, got an issue on friends pc. We recently moved the server to his PC because I'll be moving soon and my PC has been acting up. I went with your on site instructions using anaconda because he runs win8 and I didn't feel like editing Path variables again. All installs went smoothly but the makebin creates the bin folder with only the alter batch. Scrub and broker are a no go.

I did try to just bypass the trouble by transferring the pydarkstar I have set up on my PC. But, that didn't work of course.

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Odd. You can try running it a second time, that would do no harm. If that doesn't work, just copy the alter.bat it made. Rename it to broker.bat, and then open it up in notepad. Change any occurrence of the word alter to broker. That should work.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Lucious_Llama wrote:Odd. You can try running it a second time, that would do no harm. If that doesn't work, just copy the alter.bat it made. Rename it to broker.bat, and then open it up in notepad. Change any occurrence of the word alter to broker. That should work.
Yeah, I ran the makebin like 5 times out of frustration. My brain has been fried from recent personal crap and I find it hard to think of easy solutions to fix things atm.

I tthought about it and I think MySQL may have installed Python 3.4 as a requirement. I'm gonna try uninstalling conda fully and Python. Then just install conda and see how that goes. I think Python is for workbench which I don't use anyways.

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 pm

I've slowly been trying to make it work on Python 2 and 3; That's in the development branch. But it is probably more of headache because I've changed too many other things.

Anaconda is nice enough to let you install many versions of python at the same time, and switch between them as needed.
http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html

conda create -n py27 python=2.7
activate py27

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Yay! More homework! Thanks teach! /endsarcasm ;)

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:47 am

I uninstalled all forms of python and conda. Then I only installed Conda and made it the primary Python and had it add the Path during install. Everything worked from there so my guess is, if you install Mysql and it makes you install Python 3+ before you go through the process of using this tool, you'll run into issues.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 am

Python is not at all a MySql requirement. there are optional compenents that are FOR python, and if you try to install said components the installer will tell you that the "required" python was found for them. Its their fault for wording it stupidly in their setup, but that's the truth of it: not required for MySql itself.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS