Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Desufire

Re: Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Post by Desufire » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm sure MySQL has updated since the "Building_the_Server" guide on the wiki was written too. The developer option is what said python needed to be installed.

It's all good though. The Conda works like a charm, so that guide I wrote for this is pretty much useless now lol.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 am

Desufire wrote:I'm sure MySQL has updated since the "Building_the_Server" guide on the wiki was written too. The developer option is what said python needed to be installed.

It's all good though. The Conda works like a charm, so that guide I wrote for this is pretty much useless now lol.
Even choosing "develeoper" there is a separate portion of the installer that allows you to select or de-select optional components. Most people try to select everything/leave everything that was pre-selected, then when they see errors think they have to go install the things the error message says are required in order to continue - only those components fail if those are missing. The actual MySql server runs just fine without them and even in "developer" there is no python requirement.

tl;dr
The guys who create the installer for MySql do a crappy job and don't think about what users will actually do.

Every now and then they even manage to break my installation when I allow it to update. I'm the guy who added Maria to the wiki, heck of a lot easier to setup and update. I have maria on my dsp server, and mysql on a webserver I run because I can't change that for now.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 am

Linux! What's an installer?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Lucious_Llama wrote:Linux! What's an installer?
Oh Linux instals..Those are where you assemble your car from scratch before you drive it! Forgot all about thooe because they shouldn't even rightly be called an inst-- !!!

Teo is suddenly dragged off into an alleyway by 2 men carrying baseball bats wearing penguin masks and T-shirts with the Ubuntu logo.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:41 pm

I apologize, I didn't read the older posts, so wasn't dawning on me : the linux install script or part of it or a dependency was probably written in python script.

tabitaru

Post by tabitaru » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:27 am

!
Last edited by tabitaru on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am

The script requested information from www.ffxiah.com, but the connection timed out. You can try running it again, it may have just been a fluke. If your internet it too slow, I suggest you just use the items.csv that is already included with pydarkstar. The only purpose of running the scrubber again would be to get the full list of items and up to date prices from www.ffxiah.com.

tabitaru

Post by tabitaru » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:51 am

!

tabitaru

Post by tabitaru » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:02 am

!

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:31 am

I will try running it and posting an up to date version. Some of the prices on ffxiah are exploitable though - like people selling a single arrow to themselves for a bajillion Gil to get their name on the AH board. Those need fixed manually unfortunately.

I'll look into refactoring the code a little too, so that the script doesn't exit on a single url request failure.