Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
x8jason8x

Re: Python AH Buyer / Seller / ffxiah.com scrubber

Post by x8jason8x » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is it saying 0 is not an acceptable value? The line error isn't in reference to the line on the .csv for certain.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Don't zero out prices. There is a diff column to disable and item and the game's AH can't handle a zero price anyway.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

x8jason8x

Post by x8jason8x » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:22 pm

yep, that did it, thanks

x8jason8x

Post by x8jason8x » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 pm

well, not quite, now it says it stocked items, but nothing has turned up in the AH
:lol:

warlord1352

Post by warlord1352 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17 am

Okay. I feel extremely dumb for not understanding hardly any of this. I have tried following the guide Llama set up. I tried the guide Delaide had. I don't know if I maybe just installed python incorrectly or something but nothing seems to be working. Every time I open any of the files they just instantly close. What am I doing wrong or missing? -_-;

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:12 am

x8jason8x wrote:well, not quite, now it says it stocked items, but nothing has turned up in the AH
:lol:
Running the broker/buyer/seller scripts won't immediately stock the AH by default. There is another option to force that immediately then exit. Or you can leave it running till whatever the time interval your config is set to is passed and it'll happen then. If you still have problems, try the pydarkstar issue tracker on github for more help.

warlord1352 wrote:Okay. I feel extremely dumb for not understanding hardly any of this. I have tried following the guide Llama set up. I tried the guide Delaide had. I don't know if I maybe just installed python incorrectly or something but nothing seems to be working. Every time I open any of the files they just instantly close. What am I doing wrong or missing? -_-;
Suggest posting an issue to his tracker, but its probably the path. If using a batch file to run it you can try running it out of a command prompt instead of out of a batch file so you get a chance to see any error. if it says it can't find something, thats a good indication its looking for that something in a place other than the current working directory it got the command from. (chances are its running things you have in the bin directory form the root directory, and not locating its config or item lost or both, common mistake)
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

ClanMcCracken

Post by ClanMcCracken » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:06 pm

I've been following the instructions so far and I got to the point where its telling me to put this into the cmd line

Code: Select all

> cd "C:\path\to\pydarkstar\bin"
> "C:\path\to\python3" .\broker.py
I get what the first line is for, calling the directory where broker.py is located, but when I type the second line i get an error.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.309]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eric>cd C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin

C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>"C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3" .\broker.py
'"C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I get the same error whether i use the quotes or not.
and when I just try to run the broker i get this error

C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>.\broker.py
[2018-04-01 16:24:35][11020][ERROR]: ImportError
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\pydarkstar\__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
    import pymysql
ImportError: No module named pymysql
[2018-04-01 16:24:35][11020][ERROR]: pip install pymysql

C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>

ok if I flip the parts of the second line, so that it reads

C:\ .\broker.py "C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3" 
I dont get the not recognized error, but I do get a cant find sqlalchemy error. I try to install sqlalchemy and it tells me its all ready installed at this directory, I point to that directory and it says its not there.

(base) C:\Users\Eric>cd C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin

(base) C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>.\broker.py "C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3"
[2018-04-01 17:20:11][ 2732][ERROR]: ImportError
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\pydarkstar\__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    import sqlalchemy
ImportError: No module named sqlalchemy
[2018-04-01 17:20:11][ 2732][ERROR]: pip install sqlalchemy

(base) C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>pip install sqlalchemy
Requirement already satisfied: sqlalchemy in c:\users\eric\anaconda3\lib\site-packages

(base) C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>.\broker.py "C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages"
[2018-04-01 17:21:09][ 9260][ERROR]: ImportError
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\pydarkstar\__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    import sqlalchemy
[2018-04-01 17:21:09][ 9260][ERROR]: pip install sqlalchemy

(base) C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>.\broker.py C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages
[2018-04-01 17:22:41][ 7284][ERROR]: ImportError
    import sqlalchemy
[2018-04-01 17:22:41][ 7284][ERROR]: pip install sqlalchemy

(base) C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>
any ideas?

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 pm

There are multiple things going on here, but I think the first thing you tried is correct, save for the path you used is incorrect.

You gave it the path of a directory called Anaconda3. That’s not what you want. You need to give it the path of python.exe, which is somewhere inside of that Anaconda3 directory. So open up explorer there and find what the path of python.exe is and use that instead.

Something along the lines of:

C:\Users\Eric>cd C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin
C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\FFxi Private server\pydarkstar\bin>"C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3\python.exe" .\broker.py
(That might not be exactly right, just figure out what the correct path to python.exe is)

As for the other errors, they suggest to me that you have existing installations of python lying around. You probably followed my directions and installed sqlalchemy, pymysql, etc correctly into the anaconda3 environment, which is what you want.

ClanMcCracken

Post by ClanMcCracken » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Oddly enough, I am now getting this in my anaconda prompt

Unable to create process using 'C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3\python.exe C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3\Scripts\conda-script.py shell.cmd.exe activate activate C:\Users\Eric\Anaconda3'

C:\Users\Eric>
Whats that top bit about?

Lucious_Llama

Post by Lucious_Llama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:07 pm

I have no idea, I’ve never seen that.

I would try what I told you from a normal command prompt instead of the anaconda command prompt. Just search for command prompt in the start menu.