DSP Server Control application

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Delaide

DSP Server Control application

Post by Delaide » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:02 am

Pulling this, as I have not been maintaining. Sorry if you hoped to use. I can pass the source code if you would like if you wish to update for your own uses.
Last edited by Delaide on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 am, edited 14 times in total.

Run_Away

Re: DSP Server Control application

Post by Run_Away » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:01 am

Delaide wrote:Here is the Github link to my DSP server control application.
This application is written in VB.net, and is very rough and early at the current time.
You can access the full source code here, as well as help me build it if you are really interested.

Github link: https://github.com/helixhamin/DSP-Control
IDE: Microsoft Studio Express (Unsure if other IDE's will work, and I apologize, but I cannot help you if you have problems building with other IDE's or on other OSes.)

Features:
Start Server
Restart server
Stop Server
Can map DSP and Ashita file folder to anywhere on your computer (Need to do this before you can launch the server) (Partially fixed. First time you exit, use the x at the upper right corner, not the menu exit. It seems the form does not save when using the File->Exit command. Possibly it exits a different way between the upper right x and the End command I programmed into the ExitToolStripMenuItem? I will need to figure that out in the future. Just select your file paths, then hit the x to exit. It will keep them after that point.)
Launch Ashita
Hide/Show server windows

Future features:
Modify Server Settings (lua and config files)
Back up and restore character databases
Build/rebuild server
Check for updates and pull latest git (So, turn it into something like a 'Check for update' system)
Whatever I find interesting (Like maybe even being able to create customized content, set up and update a DSPWEB, whatever I will do with it later, or whatever others might like to help incorporate)

Eventually, I hope to have this so you can just click a button, download and build an entire server, or update a server. But, one step at a time.

I understand this is a very amateurish app, this is the first app I have released (And the first app I have made since 1999), so it is more of something for me to learn with, but hopefully others can find my vision of how I want this to run appealing and useful.

I will update this thread as more features are released.
I dont know who you are but will you have my server babies :P

Gotta check this out like time now!

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Updated slightly. Just tried to clean up the forms a bit, no actual feature update.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:36 am

I added in the ability to show the log files for the servers through the control console. Please select View and View Game Logs or View Lobby Logs
These will show you the text for the logs. This is not a dynamic feed, so will not update in real time, but you can double click the textbox to update the logs. This way, you can still get the console output through the logs without needing to leave the windows form and open the logs directly. Good if you want to hide the server, but still have a quick view.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:39 am

I added in the ability to edit your mysql information directly into the DSP Control application.

However, I think I made a mistake. It will change the main settings:

Code: Select all

mysql_host:      127.0.0.1
mysql_port:      3306
mysql_login:     root
mysql_password:  root
mysql_database:  dspdb
However, I just realized there are other IP settings at least that will need changed, and that IP can be configured for different IP addressed if you split your server install. For example, login server has:

msg_server_ip: 127.0.0.1
I did not change this. Can anyone let me know what these are, and if they should be matched to the Lobby IP, or the Game IP? I notice the following:

#Central message server settings (ensure these are the same on both all map servers and the central (lobby) server
msg_server_port: 54003
msg_server_ip: 127.0.0.1
So, what happens if for example, someone puts the lobby and the game servers on two different PCs? Which PC does the msg_server use for the IP? What IP does this correlate with? I don't understand how it could be different, and the wiki unfortunately doesn't seem to explain this.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 pm

So, besides the msg_server_ip address question posted above, I have another question.

In login_darkstar.conf, we have:

#Expansion Icons - 2 Bytes
#
#Byte 1 - Zilart to A Shantotto Ascension
#00000000 Bit0 - Not Used - Original FFXI bit
#00000010 Bit1 - Enables Rise of Zilart Icon
#00000100 Bit2 - Enables Chains of Promathia Icon
#00001000 Bit3 - Enables Treasures of Aht Urhgan Icon
#00010000 Bit4 - Enables Wings of The Goddess
#00100000 Bit5 - Enables A Crystalline Prophecy Icon
#01000000 Bit6 - Enables A Moogle Kupod'Etat Icon
#10000000 Bit7 - Enables A Shantotto Ascension Icon
#
#Byte 2 - Vision of Abyssea to Seekers of Adoulin
#00000001 Bit0 - Enables Vision of Abyssea
#00000010 Bit1 - Enables Scars of Abyssea
#00000100 Bit2 - Enables Heroes of Abyssea
#00001000 Bit3 - Enables Seekers of Adoulin
#00010000 Bit4 - Not Used - Future expansion
#00100000 Bit5 - Not Used - Future expansion
#01000000 Bit6 - Not Used - Future expansion
#10000000 Bit7 - Not Used - Future expansion
However, we always seem to put 4094 if we want to allow all the expansions/addons/etc to be lit up in the lobby screen.
But, based on using bits, shouldn't this be:
00001111 11111110
So, if this is using hex, shouldn't we enter: 0FFE?
I don't understand how this is actually created to get the

expansions: 4094
line.
Anyone able to explain this to me? I have my DSP_Control so I can toggle these off and on in the settings.lua, but I am unsure how to write this to modify the login_darkstar.conf

expansions: 
, since it doesn't seem to use regular binary.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 pm

0xFFE and 4094 are the same number, not sure what you're asking?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:19 pm

and the message server IP for game servers should point to your login server (which is where the message server is), and the message server IP in the lobby server is just the IP to bind to. so you can bind to LAN only, or localhost only, etc

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:42 pm

kjLotus wrote:0xFFE and 4094 are the same number, not sure what you're asking?
Okay, got it, so it is the hex converted to binary. So it is the binary number that is used. Thanks.
kjLotus wrote:and the message server IP for game servers should point to your login server (which is where the message server is), and the message server IP in the lobby server is just the IP to bind to. so you can bind to LAN only, or localhost only, etc
Okay, so I just need to make sure the IP for the message server is bound to the lobby IP. I will need to add in different IP configurations for those who use multiple IPs for the different servers.

Hmm, since it is possible to break up the IPs, is it also possible to break up the mysql references? I would assume though that if, for example, I built the map server on a different PC, so it had a different IP, that I would still need to copy the entire mysql database onto that PC? Since there are inter-dependencies? Sorry, just want to know to what extent it is possible to break up the servers between computers/different IPs, and what you would need to do if you broke them up across a network like that. The wiki doesn't really go into this information, and while I will build as if everything is on a single system, at some point I want to expand my dsp control so that it allows people to configure in any way desired.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:31 am

you only need 1 database for wherever your map servers are. that's why the mysql connection information in the config files let you specify the IP address