DSP Server Control application

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Desufire

Re: DSP Server Control application

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 am

I feel like such an idiot and I'm so frustrated with myself that I've almost cried!!! I can't wrap my brain around any of these git files and how to work them. :(

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:31 am

Desufire wrote:I feel like such an idiot and I'm so frustrated with myself that I've almost cried!!! I can't wrap my brain around any of these git files and how to work them. :(
Here is what I do.
You need to download two things:
First, Git: http://git-scm.com/downloads
Install on your OS. If windows, then download the windows version.

Second install:
I use TortoiseGit: https://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/wiki/Download
You will need to download the correct one for your OS. 32 Bit if you have a 32 bit OS, 64 bit if you have a 64 bit.

Once everything is installed, it is easy.
Create a folder with whatever name you want where you will put your server stuff. Right click on that folder and find an option that says "Git Clone..."

A box will pop up. Where it says URL, make sure you have the darkstar code URL: https://github.com/DarkstarProject/darkstar.git
For directory, it should be that folder you created.

Then, hit okay, and it will download.

Now, I personally have a convoluted setup. I create a second folder, copy everything that downloaded into the folder you made, and paste it in a different folder. You can delete anything with .git (folders, the two files) in the folder you just pasted everything to.

Now, in the future, you will go back to your original folder and you will right click and select TortoiseGit -> Pull...

That's it for the git side.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:58 am

Thanks Delaide, but I was talking about getting you control to work lol. I have my server set and running right now. I decided I'd like to give this a shot along with the AH python app that's posted in this same thread (I'm about to shoot myself on that).

The biggest issue I keep coming across is that everyone seems to assume that everyone else has some knowledge on how to run these type of files. It makes it difficult for someone like me who has learned by lots of reading and LOTS of trial and error, to work these custom programs.

I pick things up very quickly, but after so much google and reading page after page, my head hurts lol.

Sorry, I ended up ranting. Just frustrated is all :(.

I downloaded you DSP Control from the link you provided, opened the folder, and tried to open the DSP Control but got an error. Something about a temp file missing.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:40 am

Sorry, the way you phrased it, I thought you were having problems with git pulls.
I could make assumptions, but I guess it would be better to ask if you could take a screenshot of the error. There are many things I can think of, from running it stand alone to running it from Visual Studio and having one of my message errors pop up, so it might be better if you can show me what you are seeing. Sorry, this is my first program I have ever released, so my troubleshooting skills are limited.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 am

You're fine Delaide :). I'll get you a pic of the error and what I'm trying to do later in the day. I rolled my ankle badly an hour ago and I'm going to fall asleep very soon with an ice pack on my ankle lol. Seeing as how my server is on a desktop with your control program across the room .... I'll get it later lol.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:21 pm

This is what I get. What I'm thinking is I'm just not running this properly. I'm trying to run something like a .exe, but there isn't one and it's throwing me off.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Hmm, have you downloaded the most recent version? Sounds like something went wrong with the git download.
I am trying to work on getting a stand alone exe so we don't need to worry about this, but not sure how to debug it yet. You could always go to https://github.com/helixhamin/DSP-Control and download the zip file to start with I guess, but I can't see any other reason why you would have a problem. What happens when you try to do a git pull?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 am

For Desufire: I hope we can resolve your issue soon. I will do my best, but I am still a beginner myself.

For everyone else: I have released my first stand alone client. :D Please find it on the first page. It is the attached exe file, made purely from my vb.net script on my github. It only requires Net Framework v4.5. Well, to my knowledge. Of course, it won't do much if you don't have a ready to go server and Ashita client (For those who log in using a different client, like Windower, Ashita launcher isn't required, only there for those who use Ashita).

Here is the virustotal scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b4f2 ... 427262535/

Sorry, I have no idea what the
Tencent Trojan.Win32.Qudamah.Gen.18
thing is. You can see the source code on my github if you want. But, I don't know. Maybe someone can tell me why this is being flagged with Tencent?

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:56 am

Sorry Delaide, I got caught up trying to figure out one of the 2 AH loader programs here. I thought I had the python one figured out, but now nobody can connect to my server. So I don't know what's going on. Going to end up doing a clean install and wiping everyone who started probably. So frustrating.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:01 am

Well, just remember to back up your files.

I posted my .bat on here, but here is what I use fyr:

Code: Select all

D:
cd D:\xampp\mysql\bin

mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb auction_house > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\auction_house.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb accounts > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\accounts.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb accounts_banned > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\accounts_banned.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_effects > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_effects.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_equip > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_equip.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_exp > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_exp.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_inventory > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_inventory.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_jobs > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_jobs.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_look > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_look.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_pet > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_pet.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_pet_name > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_pet_name.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_points > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_points.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_profile > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_profile.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_skills > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_skills.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_stats > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_stats.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_storage > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_storage.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_vars > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_vars.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb char_weapon_skill_points > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\char_weapon_skill_points.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb chars > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\chars.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb conquest_system > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\conquest_system.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb delivery_box > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\delivery_box.sql"
mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb linkshells > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\linkshells.sql"

mysqldump.exe -e -uroot -proot dspdb > "D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup\dspdb.sql"
Just do a replace all with your user name -uYourUserName, password -pYourPassWord, and change the paths to your backup location and mysqldump.exe

I use this every time I rebuild my servers. It is pretty easy to use, just, you will need to do a bit of replacing of my stuff for yours.

But remember, when you start fresh, you will take all those sql files and copy them/overwrite the darkstar/sql files. But, don't copy the dspdb to it. That is in case you need to restore the entire thing. Just the other ones.

So for me, I put my backups in:

D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\charbackup
I then have my server sql in:

D:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XI server\darkstar\sql
So, take from the backup and put in the sql before you run the DSP_Import.bat.