DSP Server Control application

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
Desufire

Re: DSP Server Control application

Post by Desufire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 am

Think I understand. I'll give it a try. Right now I'm figuring out how to do an update/gitpull? I think I did it right seeing as how I have a zone folder in scripts that wasn't there before lol. I just expected the scripts I had edited to be overwritten or something.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 am

Sorry, I was thinking the wrong thing again.
Yes, it could be that you didn't get the full download. There should be a zone scripts folder for DSP.
That might also be the same problem with your DSP-Control. I will see if I can get it to download the repository with a button click at some point, but not there yet. Next part is automatically applying your settings when you do a full wipe and rebuild. Also having it reset your settings back to default, as well as making it look better overall.

Overall, just remember, you can always download the zip files for repositories. Then just extract and go from there. It makes it worse for individual updates, but it is doable.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:22 am

You're being extremely helpful Delaide, thank you. I found out that my desktop (server) had switched to a wireless connection after a restart. I disabled the wireless adaptor again and switched to direct broadband. I don't know why this matters, but people can log into my server once I did this lol.

Now if I can only figure out how to work one of these gods forsaken AH Loaders to put items on AH lol.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 am

That is one thing I want to work on myself. I will try to either use an existing scrapper and populator, or do it myself. Tired of seeing "I did everything and can't get it to work". It will also be put in my dsp-control.
Maybe not in my own code, but interfacing between the two.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:35 pm

I just downloaded your stand alone. Haven't opened and tried it yet because my server is running fine right now. Next time I restart it for updates, I plan on looking into your control :).

thyris

Post by thyris » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Tried using this, it looks like it's pretty awesome, but for some reason none of the changes I made to the configuration actually happened in the server. Is there a trick to it? I launched it as administrator, pointed it to my directory for dsp and ashita and changed the database info to my info, then I started modifying. The immediate changes that I noticed that didn't work were the starting gil, and I also ticked the boxes for the costumes, but they aren't in any new character's inventory, tried creating a new character in each city to see if that was the issue, but alas it is not. I don't think any of the changes I made applied to the server with the exception of the expansions, I think that one single function worked.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:19 pm

thyris wrote:Tried using this, it looks like it's pretty awesome, but for some reason none of the changes I made to the configuration actually happened in the server. Is there a trick to it? I launched it as administrator, pointed it to my directory for dsp and ashita and changed the database info to my info, then I started modifying. The immediate changes that I noticed that didn't work were the starting gil, and I also ticked the boxes for the costumes, but they aren't in any new character's inventory, tried creating a new character in each city to see if that was the issue, but alas it is not. I don't think any of the changes I made applied to the server with the exception of the expansions, I think that one single function worked.
Please make sure you make the settings changes while the server is off, or restart your servers after. The settings will not take effect immediately. I should probably put a warning in there or something. Sorry, pretty new to making my own program, so still trying to learn what I am doing.

Also, for the starting settings, please remember, this will only happen on characters created after changing. So, if you started a character, and then select the options, it won't happen on that character. Sorry, starting players only for the costumes, gil, etc.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Delaide wrote:Please make sure you make the settings changes while the server is off, or restart your servers after. The settings will not take effect immediately. I should probably put a warning in there or something. Sorry, pretty new to making my own program, so still trying to learn what I am doing.

Also, for the starting settings, please remember, this will only happen on characters created after changing. So, if you started a character, and then select the options, it won't happen on that character. Sorry, starting players only for the costumes, gil, etc.
Don't know if it's possible, but instead of a warning, maybe have the program check if the server is running and if it is, have a screen pop up that will close the servers when Ok is clicked? Something like when you install a new version of a program and it tells you that the program is already opened and the wizard will now close the program so it can be updated.

Just spitting ideas to maybe help avoid future confusion and posts about it not working when it's just operator error ;).

thyris

Post by thyris » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 am

Delaide wrote: Please make sure you make the settings changes while the server is off, or restart your servers after. The settings will not take effect immediately. I should probably put a warning in there or something. Sorry, pretty new to making my own program, so still trying to learn what I am doing.

I'll try it again :) I thought I had my servers off while I made the changes, then started them up again, but I might have spaced out and left them open. The characters I tested it on I created after I modified the settings. I'll let you know if I have any luck later on. For now I'm playing on a GM character and tracking down things I consider to be "game breaking" to report and/or work on fixes myself.

One suggestion I would like to make, it's purely aesthetic, but perhaps setting the subwindows to close after the apply changes button is pressed? or maybe a pop up box that says "Successful" or something like that?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Okay, I have released a new version. This one will pop a warning when you try to exit the app that doing so will also shut down the servers.
Plus, I have completely redone the UI. I honestly didn't like the box and box and box and box. So, I just made lots of tabs, and tried to make it similar to the actual files you are modifying. I just copied all the descriptions, etc, and pasted directly in it. Let me know how it looks.

Not for some bad news. If you used my DSP Control to change any settings, you might have something messed up in settings.lua. Please check to make sure you have:

Code: Select all

SMITHING_GUILD_POINTS     = 1.000; -- Multiplies guild points earned from blacksmiths' guild trades.
GOLDSMITHING_GUILD_POINTS = 1.000; -- Multiplies guild points earned from goldsmiths' guild trades.
Because I didn't notice that it was overwriting goldsmithing. So, you might have this:

SMITHING_GUILD_POINTS     = 1.000; -- Multiplies guild points earned from blacksmiths' guild trades.
If so, just paste the goldsmithing line over the top of the second smithing.

GOLDSMITHING_GUILD_POINTS = 1.000; -- Multiplies guild points earned from goldsmiths' guild trades.
The file that you are looking for is located in:
\darkstar\scripts\globals\settings.lua

And, as always, let me know if you see something that needs fixed, or just send me a code push, or if you have any idea how I can make my code more efficient.

Oh, and sorry if you had forked it. I messed something up in my repo, so couldn't get all my hard work to push. Meh, I decided to just wipe the repo and make it over again...so sorry if I broke anything from anyone (looking at you xdemolish).