Omg, whut another DSP web front-end?

Applications/Tools written to make running DarkStar easier for the rest of us.
codiddle

Omg, whut another DSP web front-end?

Post by codiddle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am

I made this because of some ideas people were giving me on this thread. It's a web page front-end for the actual database. I only included a few tables for character customization. It got messy when I added the 'accounts' table... after trying to adjust it so the rows weren't all scrambled, I deleted it because there are no queries listed on the page that have anything to do with account information anyway. Everything goes by the primary key 'charid'. So, this field MUST NOT BE LEFT BLANK in order to submit queries. I'm hosting the page live right now on http://www.dsp.codiddle.com . The database is up and is live, so feel free to destroy my character data! I'm not using it, for anything other than showing the web page for now. Someone else probably has a similar front-end, I didn't really look. The only one I've taken the time to look at was Deveous' because it was live, and it was easy to take a second to check it out. I was hoping to take what he has, and build upon it after this little project. I'm not real good with HTML, CSS, or PHP, but by goly, I'll try my damndest!

codiddle

Re: Omg, whut another DSP web front-end?

Post by codiddle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm

SOURCE CODEZ!!!
A few little notes to keep in mind:
This will not work unless you have PHP, and Apache.
If you don't know what those are, good luck.
Most of you will know what to do with these files.

In my structure, I used WAMP server, and tossed them in the www folder just because it's super easy to do it that way. I had made my own generic apache, mysql, and php combo but for some reason it doesn't work on my desktop. I was hoping to just upload that entire package, but it was a flop. One day I'll get these things to be portable. Until then, here's the source.

The code is kinda sloppy, I didn't spend a lot of time tweaking it.
Feel free to copy anything from it, to make it your own. I am going to start working on a different project now that this is exactly what I had pictured in my head when I started it.

Some things in both the files should be changed, according to your server setup. For instance, the pages both log into mysql, so you must provide a host name, a username, and a password in the corresponding quotations.

Also, just below that is the input for the database. I left it defaulted to dspdb for now.
Attachments
DSP Front-End.zip
(61.66 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

ex0r

Re: Omg, whut another DSP web front-end?

Post by ex0r » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:47 pm

I got your PM on IRC earlier today, sorry I was away. Yes, I am still working on DSPWeb, however it's currently on stand-still until I can find a designer to help redesign the layout.