PUP Automaton AI

bluesolarflare

PUP Automaton AI

Post by bluesolarflare » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Working on Automaton AI. Based on wiki the auto's have separate casting timers with 1 universal timer to check the other timers. Currently I have WHM auto working 90% (still need to code some more spell logic). All weaponskills work but lack a skillchain element (not sure how to script this specifically).

What doesn't work:

Auto's automatically go into melee range, need to script so that the mage ones stay out of range
WS's don't have Skillchain element - not sure how to script this just yet
Ranged Automaton does not use ranged attack yet

What does work:

WHM Auto
- Casts Cure 1-5 depending on Skill level on master or party members based on pre-defined threshold
a) Still need to find a way to count the amount of Light Maneuvers in order to raise the threshold HP% value
- Casts -na/erase spells on Master
- Casts Pro and Shell when the effect is not on the master
- Casts Haste when using Wind Maneuver
- Casts enfeebles when mob's health is above 75% (Dia > Paralyze > Slow)
a) Need to program logic for enfeebles based on Maneuvers used

BLM Auto
- Casts Highest Elemental Nuke based on targets weakness
a) Need to program logic when a weakness cannot be found
- Need to program Logic for Enfeebles
Attachments
img_20150924_140050.png
img_20150924_141035.png

Altreer

Re: PUP Automaton AI

Post by Altreer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 am

Quite an impressive amount of work. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around how you are getting along. I, along with many others I am sure, are quite excited to see some life coming to PUP since out of all the jobs it seems the most difficult to tackle. Keep up the fantastic work.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 am

Harle, valoredge, and sharpshot are done and running on my server. I have about 30 attachments coded as well and my friend has been testing everything. Found a few bugs which has been fixed but I would say that the ai behavior is very close to retail. Also SE recently gave us all the stat mods for all the automaton weaponskills so I created my own automaton ws calculation script that is checked on weaponskills instead of using the built in mobweaponskill script.

Whm head is done but now I need to finish RDM and blm since they take the longest especially rdm

tarumancer

Post by tarumancer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for working on this and for posting a status update Blue!

Looking forward to seeing/enjoying the fruits of your labor!

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

I finally got around to working on the expanding the Nuking portion of the AI. It was a total pain because I had to script routines for various different checks. I currently have Stormwaker head finished.
I had to modify a setting in the core that changed the job of the Automaton based on the head that was equipped and make a change in the magic.lua to account for automaton magic skill so that it wouldn't get resisted all the time. Also, the routine I wrote still needs some tweaks but I have it as follows:

Universal magic casting check every 4 seconds
Enfeebling every 12 seconds
Healing every 15 seconds
Buffs every 12 seconds
Elemental Magic every 18 seconds

The video I created below runs thru the aspects of the AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfknFkWOt_o

I have a friend that will be testing it later on next week to put the AI through its paces, but I have a feeling I will need to adjust some of the timers because I am finding my auto running out of mp quickly.