Starting Gil & Starting Inventory Trouble Shooting

sorenelise

Starting Gil & Starting Inventory Trouble Shooting

Post by sorenelise » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Hello and thank you for reading this post :)

First things first, If i have posted this topic incorrectly please let me know so that i can move it to the proper board. Also if I need to upload any images let me know, this is my first time helping out with a FFXI fun server so if i have done anything out of order i apologize in advanced.

Starting Gil & Starting Inventory not working:

Setup: We have it set where a starting character will spawn into the game with 50mil and an adventurer coupon; however, the characters spawn without both, the gil and the coupon. What steps do we take to troubleshoot and fix this issue?

Fov Page change:

We need to know how to set the FOV pages so we can complete pages even if we are above the required level range. We have run in to the problem of being level 76 and no where to level. Also our settings file is messed up and wont let us do this.

Mob level change:
My team and I got together with the goal of looking at low trafficked areas of the game due to our exp rate and decided to transform those areas into 76-99 leveling grounds. We come up with a detailed list; however, we need to know what settings do we need change in order to raise the mobs level?

thanks in advanced:
Soren

ik2012

Re: Starting Gil & Starting Inventory Trouble Shooting

Post by ik2012 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Can we see the script or other changes you made for the starting gil? Hard to trouble shoot something you can't see :D

HackGoDz

Post by HackGoDz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:52 pm

ik2012 wrote:Can we see the script or other changes you made for the starting gil? Hard to trouble shoot something you can't see :D
Attachments
New Text Document.txt
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

sorenelise

Post by sorenelise » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:46 pm

GoDz is the Creator/Gm of the server, in case the post in confusing.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:58 am

Large chunks of setting.lua don't work. I did some work to enable some of that stuff, but I guess the patch just sort of fell between the cracks.

If it has anything to do with "starting characters" then check /scripts/globals/player.lua to see if it's actually in use.

As I recall, starting inventory is not. I think you can figure out how to make it work via the gobbie bag NPC. If start_inventory > 30, etc. You can also cheat and change the default value in whichever SQL table was responsible, but that only impacts new characters and not old. I seem to recall starting gil was implemented, but it's been a while and I could be wrong.

Raising mob levels: SQL table mob_groups.

Max Level does not work the way you think it does. All that does is control which quests Maat offers, and since nothing after the L75 cap quest is scripted... Needless to say, char_jobs.genkai in the database.

All Maps I believe is not implemented in the trunk.

HackGoDz

Post by HackGoDz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:26 am

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:Large chunks of setting.lua don't work. I did some work to enable some of that stuff, but I guess the patch just sort of fell between the cracks.

If it has anything to do with "starting characters" then check /scripts/globals/player.lua to see if it's actually in use.

As I recall, starting inventory is not. I think you can figure out how to make it work via the gobbie bag NPC. If start_inventory > 30, etc. You can also cheat and change the default value in whichever SQL table was responsible, but that only impacts new characters and not old. I seem to recall starting gil was implemented, but it's been a while and I could be wrong.

Max Level does not work the way you think it does. All that does is control which quests Maat offers, and since nothing after the L75 cap quest is scripted... Needless to say, char_jobs.genkai in the database.

What would i change this to, to set starting gil 50mil?
-- SET START GIL
player:setGil(START_GIL);

HackGoDz

Post by HackGoDz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:39 am

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:Large chunks of setting.lua don't work. I did some work to enable some of that stuff, but I guess the patch just sort of fell between the cracks.

See the problem is new characters start with no gil nor starting armor. I dont know if i have to reset the server or its an easy fix. Any advice?

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 am

When a new character logs in the first time, it should trigger the CharCreate function in player.lua. That handles starting armor and everything else.

Edit:
Made some assumptions; i.e. vanilla server

Turns out those assumptions made an ass out of you and me.

What rev are you using, and what patches have you applied? For some reason, CharCreate() isn't firing for you, and some changes were made in r2054.

HackGoDz

Post by HackGoDz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:59 pm

im using rev 2127. and i haven't applied any patches