Starlight Celebration (Custom)

tagban

Starlight Celebration (Custom)

Post by tagban » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 am

Just so you all know, this was customized for my server (BNET.cc), it DOES use the PrintToServer/PrintToPlayer mod I published a while back ( Link: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2402 )

It also has some item mods for the +1 items, and adds some other stuff from the NPC's. Feel free to customize whatever you want.

I posted this earlier today but realized I had a few typos, so went back and fixed them and fully re-tested. The clues are semi-tough for some people, so feel free to spell out the names if you want.

Also, I had some weird issue with messageSpecial(ITEM_OBTAINED, xxx) not working so I basically wrote that you got the item instead, lazy? yes but I had a deadline.

Hopefully this helps someone else, or they can if nothing else learn from my mistakes. :)

Happy Starlight Celebration Adventurers!
~ Tagban
Attachments
Xmas Event.zip
(31.48 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Wiggo

Re: Starlight Celebration (Custom)

Post by Wiggo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 pm

This is really cool! I plan to implement this on my home server. I was thinking about adding to this a 'switch' type variable in the settings.lua along with some logic in the individual npc's .lua's to be able to easily turn the event on or off. It will be a while but if anyone is interested I will certainly share what I come up with. Thanks tagban!