Modifying job abilities

Kropolis

Modifying job abilities

Post by Kropolis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:08 am

What is the process for reassigning abilities to jobs? I found a few topics discussing unlinking the primary key for duplicating an ability, some referring to client restrictions, and another that states abilities can have their levels changed.

So far I haven't been able to get any ability reassigned. I'm trying to determine the limitations right now. I tried assigning Steal to warrior by changing the referenced jobID and lowering its level. When that didn't work I tried reassigning the thief 2-hour ability to warrior. That didn't work either.

My goal is to pull a few abilities to assign to another class to create a sort of super class to play solo. Am I missing something? I zoned. I haven't tried rebooting the server after the changes were made.

Is there a script command I can use to just add them programmatically? So far I have managed to add stat buffs based on level ranges. Just need to figure out how to add skills, traits, etc.

If there's a resource I haven't found please direct me there. Information seems to be very limited and in only small pockets on the web.

Thanks!

Kropolis

Re: Modifying job abilities

Post by Kropolis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

I figured out the problem with the abilities. I can't get traits working though. I tried changing the jobID from a handful to 1 and lowered the level to 0, restarted the server, and don't see them showing up. Is this something that can be changed in the database? Or is it something I need to code?