A working trust npc Darkstar branch

siuhamlop

A working trust npc Darkstar branch

Post by siuhamlop » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 am

Hello all

I have found a working trust npc branch base on darkstar and have done a fast test but got some error on login conf also when in game it said I missing expansion data but I am not. Hope more people can help testing it since I am quite excited. :D

https://github.com/brianmask/darkstar-trusts

whasf
Site Admin

Re: A working trust npc Darkstar branch

Post by whasf » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 am

Are you the owner? If you're having trouble with it, I suggest posting an issue on that GitHub so the owner can fix it.
-- Whasf

siuhamlop

Post by siuhamlop » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

Oh no of cause I am not the owner, may be I am so excited to find it, I just download the code and run it once then found some error. :lol:

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

awww its not a proper fork. /sadteo
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

lion85xx

Post by lion85xx » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:36 pm

i have try to built a new server with this master brach file but i got a lot of error anc can't make map server running any help ?

siuhamlop

Post by siuhamlop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Same for me, lot of console error msg, but I can start it up and fooling around with some Trusts, it's really cool. As Teo said it is not a proper fork, also it is base on old AI if you want to public it you will have a lot of works to do. Trust crash the server very often. :lol:

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:23 pm

The reason why that fork crashes is because the code was was taken from my own github for my own server (Cleopatra) that has Trusts that I have been working on for almost years and I have a TON of modifications. Most likely the person copied stuff but missed some important pieces. My server does crash sometimes due to trust based on two known issues that I am still working on which is why I haven't listed it on the server page and mainly because I don't have people to help out with GMing the server full time. As far as the code goes, I know it is mine because it has the same comments in the core and has the same trust timers, timer names, and comments along with a few trusts I haven't even enabled yet.