Stuck Custom BCNM

NekoNinja

Stuck Custom BCNM

Post by NekoNinja » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:13 pm

I have been making some great progress understanding how to manipulate things in DSP however I am stuck on BCNM's.

What I am trying to do is take an already existing BCNM in this case "Petrifying Pair" and make changes to it etc.

I figured out how to alter drops and %'s but the other thing i want to do is swap out the Mobs. I started messing around in the tables to see how it works and was able to switch the mobs out with other ones that belong to that zone but even that has not been 100% ex. I swapped a lizard for the warchief from save the children BCNM.

What I want help with is this, suppose I want to put Dark Ixion in there what is the process? I have played on several other servers and I have seen people use Avatars in there etc.

when i put Dark Ixion's ID in there and try it nothing spawns I am guessing because Dark Ixion doesn't belong to Ghelsba Outpost.
so i tried going into the tables and changing Dark Ixion's zone to 140 which is Outpost I then went and copied the lizards spawn point
onto Dark Ixion but still got nothing to spawn in the BCNM.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Thanks!

nasomi

Re: Stuck Custom BCNM

Post by nasomi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Mobs are zonelocked, meaning they can't spawn outside their designated zone. If you try and force them they'll appear as NPC's. You can change the model, give it the abilities you want, etc. but the name will be the name designated by the mobid.

NekoNinja

Post by NekoNinja » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks! so If I am understanding this right what i would do essentially is leave the stock MOBs in the BCNM and just change their appearance and abilities etc. since I cant pull other mobs into a zone the dont belong to

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 am

another option is to make all new entities server side which the client will render as being named "NPC" and then have players use the renamer addon for windower and ashita to grant them the names you wanted. Sure the forums for renamer if you want to go that route.

there is also instancing to create fake pet objects, but I can't help you with that method.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS