Pet model size (luopan Geo)

bluesolarflare

Pet model size (luopan Geo)

Post by bluesolarflare » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 am

Hello,

I am implementing GEO on my server and I have everything working like retail however the one thing that I am not able to figure out is the Luopan size. By default, the model is half the size (small bubble) when the model is applied as a pet. I tried changing the entity flag to 1183 which normally doubles the size, however it does nothing for a spawned pet. If I set a luopan in the test zone as a mob, it takes the 1183 entityflag making the luopan bubble the appropriate size. Any help would be appreciated.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Pet model size (luopan Geo)

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 pm

model size changes can't take effect on a model already loaded but should appear when despawned/respawned. But there are probably special circumstances with it being a pet. Suggest catching the dev team in discord.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Update, figured this out a while back and figured I would share the solution:

Setting the model size flag in the pool does nothing. You have to set it in the spawn mechanism in petutils based on the petid you have set for the Luopan. Also a flag size of 150 appears to be the correct size.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:02 pm

You have a basic misunderstanding of that field. it is not a size value, its a bitmask of flag values. It has many things in it that are not size related. Looking at your value of 150, you set several bits that aren't related to size. of the size bits toggles, you get the same result with just 6.

Use hex values with the !setmobflags command, you will need to rezone to see changes (I !goto myself)

0x00000001
change that 1 to anything 0 to F. your size bits are all there. the other numbers are unrelated to size. F sets all 15 bits.
For example:
0x00000020 is "Call For Help" status and 0x00000100 Hides the HP bar. if you combine them into 0x0000012F you can have a big mob with a hidden HP bar in CFH status.

Behavior of the size bits is not 100% consistent between models. On some monster models certain bits will do nothing!
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS