Question - Adding items to a NM drop pool

kernel

Question - Adding items to a NM drop pool

Post by kernel » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:15 pm

I couldn't link the two looking at the SQL or NM lua files but is it difficult to add additional items to a NM so they would drop in the pool too? Just an example is adding a dagger so that it would drop on Tiamat. I know it's custom but I was just wondering the process. You can ignore this if its irrelevant but I was going to test something and was hoping someone knew how. Thanks!

darthjohnboy

Re: Question - Adding items to a NM drop pool

Post by darthjohnboy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:49 pm

I might be wrong but i think the most items that can load in the pool is 10?

but to change the drops you need to find the mob ID in the mobdroplist database and replace one of the drops with the item ID of the item you wish to add, then reboot your server. I just started toying with this literally last week lol

kernel

Post by kernel » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh cool! I was looking at that but couldn't figure out how the DropID was related to a certain NM on the sql file for mob_droplist.sql. Does dropID link to individual nms? Thanks :) Sorry for being a pain lol.

darthjohnboy

Post by darthjohnboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:10 pm

You can add literally any drop to any NM or regular mob as long as you add the item ID to the monsters ID in the mob_droplist.sql file. there's a file below that has all the mob IDs in it, you could query the mobs ID and it will list all possible drops in the itemID list next to the mobID. (note: open the file in notepad, if you double click it, it opens in a web browser since it's xml format and takes forever to load)

example of what i did:
query in mob_droplist.sql in the mobID list "16806227" (that's tiamat)
then i acquired the item ID i wanted to add in the droplist "14488" (the homam corazza)
replaced one of the itemID in the 10 under tiamat's drops to that number
reboot server
force popped tiamat, killed it and homam corazza dropped.
Just be sure you know what you are replacing otherwise you might wipe out it's normal drop. Unless that's what you're going for.

the itemID list is https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Item_IDs
the mob list is in this file
master_npc_list.7z
(309.2 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
I'm sure someone will correct any mistakes i might have made or maybe they have a better way to change drops but that's the way i did it.

EDIT: btw there are sometimes multiple names of NMs in the list, tiamat actually shows up twice with 2 different IDs, one for bahaumut battlefield and one for attowha chasm area. be sure to check the zone IDs too!

kernel

Post by kernel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:52 pm

This is awesome. Just what I was looking for and it makes sense now. Thanks again jumpin johnny! I'll send you a giant fruit basket as well.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:31 pm

darthjohnboy wrote:You can add literally any drop to any NM or regular mob as long as you add the item ID to the monsters ID in the mob_droplist.sql file. there's a file below that has all the mob IDs in it, you could query the mobs ID and it will list all possible drops in the itemID list next to the mobID. (note: open the file in notepad, if you double click it, it opens in a web browser since it's xml format and takes forever to load)

example of what i did:
query in mob_droplist.sql in the mobID list "16806227" (that's tiamat)
then i acquired the item ID i wanted to add in the droplist "14488" (the homam corazza)
replaced one of the itemID in the 10 under tiamat's drops to that number
reboot server
force popped tiamat, killed it and homam corazza dropped.
Just be sure you know what you are replacing otherwise you might wipe out it's normal drop. Unless that's what you're going for.

the itemID list is https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/Item_IDs
the mob list is in this file
master_npc_list.7z
I'm sure someone will correct any mistakes i might have made or maybe they have a better way to change drops but that's the way i did it.

EDIT: btw there are sometimes multiple names of NMs in the list, tiamat actually shows up twice with 2 different IDs, one for bahaumut battlefield and one for attowha chasm area. be sure to check the zone IDs too!
I must be missing something. I'm trying to add items that were replaced by their Rare/Ex counterparts like the Kraken Club.

So I did what you said, but I don't see a mobid list in the mob_droplist. I actually don't see any mobids. So I'm guessing I've misunderstood what you meant by "query in mob_droplist". Did you mean use the query function like in Navicat when you do the zoneip?

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Desufire wrote:I must be missing something. I'm trying to add items that were replaced by their Rare/Ex counterparts like the Kraken Club.

So I did what you said, but I don't see a mobid list in the mob_droplist. I actually don't see any mobids. So I'm guessing I've misunderstood what you meant by "query in mob_droplist". Did you mean use the query function like in Navicat when you do the zoneip?
Open your database management system, go to mob_droplist, find value 18852, and replace with value 17440.
Value 18852 is the Octave club, value 17440 is the kraken club. But, this will replace, not add to the drop pool, so you will no longer get the rare/ex version (Please see the edit again)

Of course, this is just one of the rare/ex replacements. You will need to find all of them to totally replace. You can always generate a script so future updates can be patched.

Code: Select all

update [table_name] set [field_name] = replace([field_name],'[string_to_find]','[string_to_replace]');
Edit: For reference, I just tested replacement of the OC with the KC. It worked fine. Here is the code:

Code: Select all

update `mob_droplist` set `itemId` = replace(`itemId`,'18852','17440');
Edit again: Here is an SQL file I created if you or someone is interested in adding the non ex versions or over-writing the ex versions with the rare versions (Or rare with non-rare, ex. Archer's Ring -> Shikaree Ring).

If you want to over-write, then uncomment the "update " lines. If you just want to add the drops (Like if you want LL to drop both Leaping and Bounding), then just uncomment the "INSERT INTO " lines.

I have added Kraken Club, Leaping Boots, Emperor Hairpin, Peacock Charm, Shikaree Ring, Speed Belt, Dryad Staff, Strider Boots, and Ochiudo's Kote. Please note, if you chose to over-write, then the rare/ex versions will not be able to drop from anywhere, since there are no other mobs/bcnms that can drop. So, if you over-write Archer's Ring with Shikaree Ring, you will not be able to get Archer's Ring without using a GM account and @additem. Or by manually adding it back in. So, think carefully before you decide if you want to over-write, instead of just add.

Anyways, worst case, you can just drop the table and re-add it using the git master table, so you can always undo.

Here is the file:
rareexV3.sql
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Feel free to let me know what I missed, and I can add to it.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:56 pm

Delaide, you are a hero! I wanted to add the items so that both the Rare/Ex and the Rare items would drop from the mob. This way a player has a shot at either per kill and if they get the Rare, they can sell/trade it if they wished to.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:11 am

I have been looking over my old stuff, and am wondering. Is it possible to add these rare/ex replacements to the server as a configurable?

So something in the map.conf or something, so we can set a flag to drops, then just enable/disable to allow rare where they were replaced by rare/ex? I have been trying to think of more ways to allow customization of the server, and am just wondering if this is one way it can be done. Or, would we need to add a new value into the sql table to allow something like that?

KOSMOS

Post by KOSMOS » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:24 pm

So I am modifying server to drop stuff from all the old HNMs. Though I was doings this by just adding the item to the mob_droplist.sql which worked great for everything but Hydra. I did not find hydra on that list anywhere. Anyone able to help me out?