How To Configure Mob Drops [Help Needed]

Vlera

How To Configure Mob Drops [Help Needed]

Post by Vlera » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey everyone! Ive searched on the forumns high and low and read I believe damn near everything on how to configure a mob/HNM's drops.

From my understanding the tables to work with are
Mob Pools>Mob Groups>Mob Droplist

Mob pools to find the PoolID
Mob Group to find the group ID
and Droplist to change a specified drop

So for instance as an example, let's say I want Absolute Virtue to Drop the Kraken Club. So first is Mob pool for pool ID in this case AV is 21.
Next we hitup the group ID. With a pool ID of 21 and checking his zone ID of 33 and with his HP @66000 I know this is AV for sure so his group ID is 862 so his drop ID is 4.

Now in Mob Droplist it's simply adding a item to his drop pool to which ive done yet im still not understanding why the said item refuses to drop entirely.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I am doing wrong and if so point me in the right direction, im sure I was doing everything right but I have to be doing something wrong ^^I. Thank You In advance!

Also ive tried changing items in KB/Jormungand etc and still no success.

Desufire

Re: How To Configure Mob Drops [Help Needed]

Post by Desufire » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Are you using INSERT INTO or REPLACE INTO?

Vlera

Post by Vlera » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:11 pm

@Desufire im sorry can can you please elaborate a little bit? all im doing is simply changing numbers. Nothing of the sort of what you mentioned though.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Vlera wrote:@Desufire im sorry can can you please elaborate a little bit? all im doing is simply changing numbers. Nothing of the sort of what you mentioned though.
I misunderstood. Above you said you were adding the item. If all you're doing is changing an already existing item with a new one, it should work fine. Are you executing / importing the droplist after you've changed it?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 pm

could you describe what exactly you are changing and what programs you are using to do it?

Vlera

Post by Vlera » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:30 pm

What im trying to change is certain HNM drops. For instance i'll go into MobDropssql. Find the specific mob, Look at the droplist and change one of the non needed drops in they're pool to something different. All im using is just the basic Navicat aswell as all the regular tables you have when creating a server. For one reason or another when I change a specific drop to a different one it doesn't take effect ingame.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 pm

how are you changing it, though? are you editing the .sql file directly? editing the table in navicat by hand? running an UPDATE query on the database?

Vlera

Post by Vlera » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

@KJlotus Changing the values in the specified tables by navicat, that's the only thing ive been doing. So for instance changing the # of the item under the ItemID.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:18 pm

just to be sure, you are committing your changes, yes? it's a checkmark at the bottom. then, you are completely restarting the server?

Vlera

Post by Vlera » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:53 pm

@kjlotus that was the exact problem! wasn't fully committing them >.>iii thank you very much. Feel so dumb right now lol