Summons on other jobs issue

bluesolarflare

Summons on other jobs issue

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:28 am

I am trying to add a summon to SCH in such that when a player casts Klimaform, it spawns a light spirit.
I have added the command to spawn the pet onSpellCast. I am able to get the spirit to summon and desummon, however, when I enter a party, it ends up summoning two pets at the same time. Releasing causes one to disappear, but the other stays out and follows the player, but has no pet HP bar and is unable to be despawned until zoning. Is there any way to fix this?

bluesolarflare

Re: Summons on other jobs issue

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Update:

What I have found is very strange. The server crashes, so I had to comment out the debug breaks (2) but what I have found is this. I set the spawn pet to null by caster:SpawnPet(); for debugging purposes to catch the error. I suspected it was sending the same information twice. As it turns out, from the the server logs I find that when trying to use Klimaform, it errors out twice as if it is trying to run the same command twice:

[14:41:58][Error] CLuaBaseEntity::spawnPet : PetID is NULL
[14:41:58][Error] CLuaBaseEntity::spawnPet : PetID is NULL

This happens when trying to cast the spell < 10 yalms from any party member. When I am 10+ yalms away, it only sends the error once. Still no idea where to begin to look for a way to correct the error.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Problem Solved.

Somehow in the spell_list.sql, the AoE parameter was set to 1. This basically made the summon of the pet an AoE effect and made a copy based on each person in the party. Interesting effect though you can't despawn the clones.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:07 pm

It's because klimaform is an aoe that effects party members.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Yeah took me a while to figure that out. This was just a basic test because I wanted to get GEO to work, and I found a way to do it using avatar spirits. I have Geocloture working and it buffs based on distance and buffs wear off outside that distance. The only issues I have with it is purely cosmetic as the Luopan Model has a very small bubble radius and the name shows whatever model ID I use which is fine for now.