Dynamis-Bastok NPC

uwill99

Dynamis-Bastok NPC

Post by uwill99 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:57 pm

I have finally reached the point where I can do Dynamis, after months of playing, but when I zoned into Dynamis-Bastok I'm seeing Adamantking_Effigy spawns as "NPC" and upon approach they are, correctly, utilizing their lua scripts to spawn mobs. I looked at the .lua script and it looks to me like it was done to maybe randomize mob spawns in Dynamis? This is exactly the point when years ago I had to quit FFXI for school, so I have no real experience in Dynamis. A youtube video I watched showed free roaming mobs which were not spawned off of Adamantking_Effigy, so I realize this is probably a workaround to a problem (non-random mob spawns?). I'm not concerned with mob pathing or randomized mobs, but what I would like to do is replace the Adamantking_Effigy mobs with just static spawned mobs. I tried changing xyz coordinates in mob_spawn_points (of which all the NPC-spawned mobs have the same) but nothing happened.

If this is an impossibility, maybe replace the immersion destroying "NPC" titles with a different name. I've read this is a .dat issue and went into polutils, found their character model name as Adamantking Effigy, filled that information into the blank spot in my database (table - mob_spawn_points column - polutils_name) yet I'm still seeing them as NPC. I searched the forums for some help, but all I found was:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2243

I've got a working polutils, opened the name changer but couldn't find "NPC" inside Dynamis-Bastok. I've downloaded the name changer listed in the aforementioned post, although now I do not know what to do with both.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Dynamis-Bastok NPC

Post by kjLotus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:14 pm

NPC is what the client calls entities who don't have a name (they're probably blank in the actual dats, but POLUtils will just skip them). The youtube video you watched was probably of Dynamis after it was updated to become more like a regular zone, and all the mobs were changed to no longer be spawned by statues (which is why they are all called NPC - they used to exist, but now they don't anymore)

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Well it at least makes me feel better that I'm experiencing it the way it used to be played. Thanks for the info, kjLotus. I'll just tell myself NPC stands for Not Playonline Content, haha.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:28 pm

It will get moved to the new way eventually, I just don't know when (I got too much other stuff backing up right now lol)