/assist

daiiawn

/assist

Post by daiiawn » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:01 am

Just a small patch here to add in /assist functionality (back in retail my assist macro was one of my most used ones for any kited fight I did on blm)
Attachments
assist.patch
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

link
Developer

Re: /assist

Post by link » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks for this, however SmallPacket0x01A doesn't get called whist in combat. We are finding more info on this.

daiiawn

Post by daiiawn » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:50 am

It does get called when activly fighting a mob if you are not engaged though* (which was what the patch was meant for). So things like blms on KB, whms/support keeping check of who has hate in boss fights etc.

In retail, does /assist change your target if you are actually engaged and swinging at a mob? (I never actually tried this, because all the time I used /assist would have been during kited fights etc) if it does, yeah that part wouldnt work and i'll look at that (overlooked because I was under the impression you couldnt /assist while engaged)

*unless something has changed since mon/tues when I last updated and did a test on this patch

daiiawn

Post by daiiawn » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 am

Opps! Just looked through yesterdays updates and can see you already added similar code (although If I'm reading it right, you can only assist pc's not mobs?).

Apologies, genuinly wasnt trying to step on any toes! I actually made my patch about 2 weeks ago and only realised I hadnt posted it this morning when i was backing up my code changes to my forum!

I would still be interested to know if you can /assist while in attack mode on retail though?

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 am

from the last time i played it would still be locked to the monster your attacking if you /as <t> but that was back when they uncapped to 90