DRG Spirit Surge

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: DRG Spirit Surge

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 am

The math for the HP boost can't be easily done inside the effect and still get removed proper so I moved the str calculation into the effect so I could use the power value to set the max hp boost instead.

The icon can be clicked off (that shouldn't be the case but is) and will persist through logout/in and disconnects, which will screw up all mob bonuses until another relog after the effect wears off. Where do I fix that at?

Haste seems to be working proper from what I can see aside from the issue with the effect icon fouling the mods applied/removed.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:46 am

forgottenandlost wrote:The icon can be clicked off (that shouldn't be the case but is) and will persist through logout/in and disconnects, which will screw up all mob bonuses until another relog after the effect wears off. Where do I fix that at?
database, both are in flags - check status_effect.h

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 am

Flags for the ability in db already matched existing 2hrs so I didn't change them. Dunno why effect icon persists through session but loses its actual stats.

Patch removed pending another fix.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:24 am

forgottenandlost wrote:Just an fyi/patch note/gotcha, the ability recast the original author used has been removed because something near identical was added in that file since the revision they were working with. I adjusted the scripts to use that instead.
what do you mean? it needs to have the right recast ID or the client will display it wrong

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:36 am

kjLotus wrote:
forgottenandlost wrote:Just an fyi/patch note/gotcha, the ability recast the original author used has been removed because something near identical was added in that file since the revision they were working with. I adjusted the scripts to use that instead.
what do you mean? it needs to have the right recast ID or the client will display it wrong
It does. The original patch had a different variation, nearly identical. Don't need it in the core twice.

Code: Select all

target:resetAbilityRecast(158);	-- Jump
Became

target:resetRecast(RECAST_ABILITY,158); -- Jump

Ryukishi

Post by Ryukishi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Still having trouble figuring out why it's not working... still isn't despawning the wyvern and giving the dragoon the stats given. Once it wears off, the stats become negative and stack onto each other too. How is the script supposed to be written? Also on a side note, how can you change .dat files and make monsters/players look like other things?

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:04 am

Ryukishi wrote: still isn't despawning the wyvern

edit: show me your effect\spirit_surge.lua and abilities\spirit_surge.lua

target:despawnPet();
was working at the time for me.
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 am

put the str calc as the effects subPower and you won't have bugs related to recalculating

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:50 am

kjLotus wrote:put the str calc as the effects subPower and you won't have bugs related to recalculating
Is that 0 in there

, 0, duration);
a 2nd/sub-subpower? Used subpower to set the hp boost already and the only bug is that the effect isn't behaving like other 2hrs. When I get dc'd or logout with might strikes up I don't log back in to negative crit rate.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 am

forgottenandlost wrote:
kjLotus wrote:put the str calc as the effects subPower and you won't have bugs related to recalculating
Is that 0 in there

, 0, duration);
a 2nd/sub-subpower? Used subpower to set the hp boost already and the only bug is that the effect isn't behaving like other 2hrs. When I get dc'd or logout with might strikes up I don't log back in to negative crit rate.

CStatusEffect(
	 EFFECT id,
         uint16 icon,
	 uint16 power,
	 uint32 tick,
	 uint32 duration,
	 uint16 subid = 0,
         uint16 subPower = 0,
         uint16 tier = 0);
the lua call is the same, except icon is skipped (it's assumed to be the same as the id unless you used addStatusEffectEx)

i haven't really looked at the script tbh, finals comin up and whatnot, not much time for DSP right now - negative stats usually means the onEffectGain or onEffectLose is wrong (Gain should be using addMod(MOD_WHATEVER, effect:getSomething) and Lose delMod(MOD_WHATEVER, effect:getSameThing) always - should never calculate anything in gain/lose. there's three spots to store those in: power, subpower and tier)