The Great Navmeshing Project

tagban

Re: The Great Navmeshing Project

Post by tagban » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 pm

I'm having fun in dunes. :) I missed seeing monsters moving. :) So they're live on my server, I don't think behemoth's dom is working at least as of yesterday's pull.

bacardi

Post by bacardi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:07 am

Do you guys still need help extracting the navmesh data? Any other way to help with this? Cheers.

Just test a few zones, looks like mobs are walking around waaay to far, a Pugil in Valkum shouln't reach the spot where VE pops for example, way too far off the beach :p

fnx

Post by fnx » Fri May 01, 2015 7:08 am

You may need to add archways at the zone lines in the navmeshes.

Was messing around with Leaping Lizzy and if you zone her from South to North Gustaberg she will climb up and then through wall on the way back to her zone and be targetable but not attackable for some time.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 am

I have noticed monsters are just roaming like, everywhere. I mean everywhere. Retail, the monsters would still stay in a selected area. In some places, it seems like they just don't stop walking.

And Qufim was rather funny. It looked like 4 giants were marching, they were all grouped close together walking the same way.

tagban

Post by tagban » Fri May 01, 2015 2:05 pm

The directions and distance are set in the database, but the direction is randomized I believe. Thats just dumb luck that they all went the same direction. lol

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri May 01, 2015 4:51 pm

fnx wrote:You may need to add archways at the zone lines in the navmeshes.

Was messing around with Leaping Lizzy and if you zone her from South to North Gustaberg she will climb up and then through wall on the way back to her zone and be targetable but not attackable for some time.
Monsters shouldn't be following players across zone lines in the first place
-- Whasf

fnx

Post by fnx » Fri May 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Qlarification:
Ran away from Lizzy and zoned from South Gustaberg to North. Quickly zoned back to South. Lizzy was starting to head back to normal roaming area. She then turned left and started heading up the wall/cliff. She then passed through the wall like any other zone without navmesh. When she poked back through the otherside she was still targetable but not hittable "Unable to see".

I am assuming the meshes are clipped a few yalms up to save space which is why she went up and then through. If so, either higher walls or ceilings/arches may need to be implemented near zone lines.
Behavior was repeatable.
Last edited by fnx on Fri May 01, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xipies

Post by xipies » Sun May 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Out of the zones that recently got navmeshing, I've only been in dunes recently. Purely subjective observation, the pathing felt kind of funny. :) The main things seemed to be how far mobs would roam (too far?), and how often they would roam again (a little too soon?). I could be mistaken about that, though. It felt like I had to reposition a lot to get SA off. That and how gobbies were wandering away from their campsites.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sun May 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Where can I get these navmeshes? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol.