GM Command - Jailing Users in Mog House

atom0s
Developer

Re: GM Command - Jailing Users in Mog House

Post by atom0s » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:57 pm

kjLotus wrote:
StyxRiver wrote:Sounds good to me, just trying to help. We recently had an issue where we had to jail someone who retreated to their MH. We had to wait for him to log out and then moved him manually in the database, so we got the job done, but was a touch frustrating. Hopefully it works out.
delete his character!

make him PAY!

edit: there's also another way to iterate over all characters, which is done in the code for /tell (packet_system.cpp:3385). why getCharByName doesn't do that i don't know
Calm down there Twiz. :P

GraveNET

Post by GraveNET » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:02 pm

atom0s wrote:
kjLotus wrote:
StyxRiver wrote:Sounds good to me, just trying to help. We recently had an issue where we had to jail someone who retreated to their MH. We had to wait for him to log out and then moved him manually in the database, so we got the job done, but was a touch frustrating. Hopefully it works out.
delete his character!

make him PAY!

edit: there's also another way to iterate over all characters, which is done in the code for /tell (packet_system.cpp:3385). why getCharByName doesn't do that i don't know
Calm down there Twiz. :P
Thats kinda funny I logged in the other day looking for a friend and Twiz was sitting in Moridion with someone ...

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Retail does show you as in the same zone when you are in the mog, so how Kjlotus describes it does wind up being the most retail like. Not that I mind either way - whatever works, ya know?
We recently had an issue where we had to jail someone who retreated to their MH. We had to wait for him to log out and then moved him manually in the database, so we got the job done, but was a touch frustrating. Hopefully it works out.
If you have probs like that again use the force logout command on him (@logoff Jackwagon) the second he comes out. Repeatedly.

Or dispense some wrath - I'm a very evil GM, I know how to truly torture misbehaving players. @addeffect Jackwagon <nasty things like curse or even KO go here> ...Also, did you know you can even stealth tack on stuff like negative treasure hunter and +damage taken? It's pretty easy to script yourself a customized @wrathofgod by taking a look in @godmode and some JA's to see how to use addMOD and addEffect...When he's taking hundreds of damage from TW mobs and all his timers are saying 9 days till he can cast he'll figure it out...I even expand agro radius (take a look at the stealth trait).

I haven't tried forcing on the pvp flag used in balista yet. That might be fun.

Never mess with the GM, you will not like it when he is angry! :twisted: Mwahahaha

Ed: typing error
Last edited by TeoTwawki on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

StyxRiver

Post by StyxRiver » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:23 pm

I like the way you think... All Twiz jokes aside, I'm one of the GMs on SinisterSkies. He could have very well been in Mordion with the player in question.

Also, I think you accidentally the sentence "Never mess with the GM, you will not it when he is angry!"

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:19 pm

StyxRiver wrote:I like the way you think... All Twiz jokes aside, I'm one of the GMs on SinisterSkies. He could have very well been in Mordion with the player in question.

Also, I think you accidentally the sentence "Never mess with the GM, you will not it when he is angry!"
Yep. mean to say "will not like it" Sometimes I fail to notice when I type to fast for the kb buffer and miss a word or three. Being hearing impaired I don't hear the beeping either.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS