Item Mods Effect Questions

Dalthine

Item Mods Effect Questions

Post by Dalthine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:40 am

Hello all. I have started working on the item_mods file to add a large portion of the higher level gear to the game, reason being that I tend to enjoy playing on the servers that go to Lv99 myself and much of the equipment for those levels doesn't work. I'm no coding whiz, but I was able to figure out how this stuff is set up so that I can actually contribute back to the project.

I realize it's not really the most popular/preferred thing for me to contribute to the project, but I'd probably have to figure out programming from scratch if I tried to go deeper, so...

There are two reasons for this post. One is to ask a couple questions about how things are set up so that I can provide the most accurate information possible, and the other is to confirm that the information is in a format desired by members of the project.

First off, several of the items in the AH (which I'd planned on getting to early on) operate in sets. Are there any entries in place in item_mods.sql to cause the set bonuses to function? I checked Moliones' Ring as a reference and all it has is the STR+4 entry.

Secondly, I would assume that a huge portion of the mods included on equipment are not yet implemented. My plan is to provide commented placeholder lines so that these effects can be added later.

Lastly, I created an Excel file that lets me enter simple descriptions and values and wind up with entries that can be pasted directly into the sql. I confirmed that the entries created worked in-game using my local test server. An example of the output as well as the format I plan on including in my contributions can be found below. The Excel file creates all of the lines automatically including comments except for the item title using two entries. The first line below was created as a paste entry from "def" and "114" for example.
-- -------------------------------------------------------
-- Mochi Hakama +1
-- -------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 1, 114); -- Defense + 114
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 2, 62); -- HP + 62
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 8, 32); -- STR + 32
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 10, 14); -- VIT + 14
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 11, 26); -- AGI + 26
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 12, 32); -- INT + 32
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 13, 17); -- MND + 17
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 14, 10); -- CHR + 10
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 68, 43); -- Evasion + 43
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 31, 64); -- Magic Evasion + 64
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 29, 3); -- Magic Defense Bonus + 3
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 384, 61); -- Haste + 61
INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (27177, 259, 8); -- Dual Wield + 8
An example of a commented/unknown effect is below, for an effect found on Mochi Chainmail +1.
-- INSERT INTO `item_mods` VALUES (26825, ?, 10); -- Utsusemi spellcasting + 10
Is this the preferred format for my entries, or are there any changes I should make? If these results look good, I will update this first post with my plans on the order of things I will update, and would be willing to take requests for the sake of furthering development. I can also provide my Excel tool if it's something other people would find useful or would like to use to contribute.

UPDATE: Excel file provided in my second post, two down.

My plan of attack prioritizes things as follows:
Current Auction House entries (armor, top to bottom, then weapons, top to bottom)
Relic weapons (all versions)
Salvage, Nyzul, Limbus, etc. sets.
Reforged AF1 (NQ and HQ)
Mythic weapons (all versions)
Reforged AF2 (NQ and HQ)

That should provide a nice spread for content up to Lv99 for server hosts to work with. Once that's done, I'd be willing to take requests and if I don't have any I'll start into AF3, salvage upgrades, etc.
Last edited by Dalthine on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Item Mods Effect Questions

Post by kjLotus » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Yes, it looks fine, for both known and unknown mods. Provide the tool, as I'm sure other people will find it useful.

For sets, IIRC they are purely scripted so you'll have to poke around in scripts to figure out where that is

Dalthine

Post by Dalthine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Alright, good to hear that it looks good. It will come out a little wonky for some stuff, but it's not hard to figure it out.

I just started making entries after making my post this morning, and I've burned through the AH entries for shields and head so far (half the head pieces were already done and I just spot-checked and cleaned up a little). I will probably try to provide a push once I finish all of the gear currently on the AH, whenever that may be.

I'll also update the first post here to lay out my planned path to tackle things.
Attachments
gear_maker.xlsx
Excel file to simplify item_mod.sql entry generation.
(30.7 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Dalthine

Post by Dalthine » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm trying to figure things out as I go along, but I'm not very familiar with Git. I've completed getting the AH items into the items_mod table as well as made a few small corrections here and there that I bumped into while I was working (haste/magic damage reduction values without the correction applied mostly), but it looks like there was an update to the source file since I started working, and I'm missing a large number of items from someone else's addition. Should I stop and try to update my current file to match all of those additions? Or should I proceed with trying to make the request and things will flush out?

Also, everything I've been doing on my own with TortoiseGit worries me because I'm afraid it will interfere with the main project, which makes it difficult to figure out how to do things when I fear to click them. I've made a fork and a branch, but it still feels strange. To confirm, none of the changes I attempt to make or anything I do with TortoiseGit can be applied to the server without approval, correct?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Dalthine wrote:I'm trying to figure things out as I go along, but I'm not very familiar with Git. I've completed getting the AH items into the items_mod table as well as made a few small corrections here and there that I bumped into while I was working (haste/magic damage reduction values without the correction applied mostly), but it looks like there was an update to the source file since I started working, and I'm missing a large number of items from someone else's addition. Should I stop and try to update my current file to match all of those additions? Or should I proceed with trying to make the request and things will flush out?

Also, everything I've been doing on my own with TortoiseGit worries me because I'm afraid it will interfere with the main project, which makes it difficult to figure out how to do things when I fear to click them. I've made a fork and a branch, but it still feels strange. To confirm, none of the changes I attempt to make or anything I do with TortoiseGit can be applied to the server without approval, correct?
you can do either or, though i'd prefer the former since then I don't have to deal with the conflicts. In both cases git may give you conflicts depending on where you put your stuff and where the other stuff was updated. conflicts for the item mod table is pretty easy (you just use "their changes before mine"). There's tons of git tutorials online if you need help pulling/merging.

and don't worry, there is literally nothing you can do to the main repository without someone approving it. Everything you do goes to your fork, which doesn't touch the main repository until you make a pull request and it gets merged by a project member

Dalthine

Post by Dalthine » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 pm

I'd put this on hold as there were multiple item_mods updates waiting in the pull request queue, but I see those are gone now. I will resume work this weekend on this.

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Dalthine wrote:I'd put this on hold as there were multiple item_mods updates waiting in the pull request queue, but I see those are gone now. I will resume work this weekend on this.
Please do because I've spent days working on my servers item_mods script but, there are just so many errors! I have no idea when I'd be done editing it.