Big Changes to Mobskills

lautan
Developer

Big Changes to Mobskills

Post by lautan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Ok so I spent that last two days decoupling mob skills from mob families. I'm going to go over the changes I made and what you can do now because of these changes.

Changes Made

Two new tables have been created: mob_skills and mob_skill_lists.

mob_skills.sql
This contains all the mob skills in the game, you can find the full list at `documentation/monster_tp_moves.txt`. We are now mirroring retail in some ways, id 1, foot kick, will always be the same foot kick and can be added to any mob in the game. If you need a new type of foot kick with a different script you should use the next id of foot kick, which would be 1311.

Because there are no more duplicate mob skills, you can confidently use `GetMobSkill` to grab a specific mobskill.

mob_skill_lists.sql

This is very similar to mob_spell_lists. It contains a list id and all the skills in the list. This id can then be set in `mob_pools.sql` or used directly on a mob mod. Any number can be used, just make sure it's unique.

Change mob skill lists from scripts

Just want to remind everyone you can change a mobs skill list from scripts by setting the mob mod `skill_list`, like so:

Code: Select all

mob:setMobMod(MOBMOD_SKILL_LIST, 100);
Note: This has introduce some nasty issues with pets which use mobskills. Eventually pets should have their own set of skills and not piggy back off of mobskills.

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Big Changes to Mobskills

Post by whasf » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Yay thank you
-- Whasf