Implementing Trust NPCs

Delaide

Re: Implementing Trust NPCs

Post by Delaide » Mon May 23, 2016 1:53 am

You say yours are more advanced. Is it possible to release the code for them so those of us that want them can get them?

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Mon May 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Right now its not 100% ready to go public because I am tracking an error where warping with trusts out or zoning causes the server to crash. I have 4 players on the public server testing some new implementations to combat this, so once I have something stable I can release.

Also, by more advanced AI, I mean that they make more/difference decisions over retail such:

Excenmille (changed him to DRG on my server) using super jump when he starts taking hate
Nanaa Mihgo staying behind the mob to initiate Sneak Attack and also to pair SA with all weaponskills once she is high enough to use SA.
All trusts except Curilla (only tank atm) will wait 10-15 seconds to use their TP if they enter a battle with 1000+ TP.

These are just little things that help when using trusts and I am constantly expanding based on feedback from players.

12signes

Post by 12signes » Wed May 25, 2016 5:36 am

bluesolarflare wrote: Excenmille (changed him to DRG on my server) using super jump when he starts taking hate
Nanaa Mihgo staying behind the mob to initiate Sneak Attack and also to pair SA with all weaponskills once she is high enough to use SA.
All trusts except Curilla (only tank atm) will wait 10-15 seconds to use their TP if they enter a battle with 1000+ TP.
SE could learn from you, indeed this is a more advanced AI than retail.

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 am

I've also copied SE's logic in regards to Ayame and "storing" the skillchain that you use in order to determine hers so that she can open a skillchain for you. For instance (level 65+), if you use a Gravitation based skillchain, Ayame will then default to use Tachi: Gekko at all times and she will open that skillchain for you if by the time she reaches 1000 TP and you have at least 800 TP.

I went and actually enhanced this logic by giving Ayame Sekkanoki and she again will use the stored skillchain element to create a self skillchain that you can close creating a 3 step skillchains. If there is no element that can be skillchained, she defaults to Epni > Enpi. Eventually I will also allow certain trusts to detect skillchains and perform corresponding magic bursts as well.

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:28 am

Hopes... restored!!

buddysievers

Post by buddysievers » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:25 pm

would be awsome if we get this feature working! :P

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Checking up on this, any updates kind and good sir?

bluesolarflare

Post by bluesolarflare » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 pm

uwill99 wrote:Checking up on this, any updates kind and good sir?
I have a server update scheduled for next week which adds the last 2 trusts that I will work on for some time bringing the total to 8. There is still a very random bug where zoning after having a trust out will cause the server to crash, but it seems to happen maybe 1% of the time and when the crash does happen it tends to point to the CONVMPTOHP mod in the call stack so I am not 100% sure why this is occurring. My code is heavily modified with a lot of customization and it is based on an older version of DSP from Dec 2015 so any new things that have been added to the core since then are not synced in. I will start to work on a new port based on the latest builds sometime this summer once I finish up Dynamis for my server which I have sadly been neglecting.

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:10 am

Any chance of getting a patch with your customization?

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:12 pm

Any further news?