Assassin Trait

ciradan

Assassin Trait

Post by ciradan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

The patch should make the assassin trait for thf working.
It should make TA's with correct positioning 100% hits (also changed this for SA requiring you to be behind a mob, prior you got 100% hitrate no matter where you stand)
It should also make the next attack a guaranteed crit when requirements are met.

I have not tested it, as installing all that stuff and making my own server didn't go quite well on this machine, so it would be cool if someone else could check if it works (probably not lol).

I'm trying to get the server running on one of my own machines, but god knows how long that could take.
Attachments
assassin_trait.patch
(8.42 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

whasf
Site Admin

Re: Assassin Trait

Post by whasf » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm

I'll leave this for link or bluekirby0 to check out
-- Whasf

ciradan

Post by ciradan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Alright, so I got around to install everything and test this patch. As expected it didn't work lol.

This one, however, does.
Also it not only "adds" the assassin trait, it also fixes some stuff I came across.

Changelog:
- SA now only gives 100% hitrate when positioned behind the mob (position didn't matter before)
- TA now also works from any mob direction as long as you're behind another player (before you had to be behind a player AND that one had to be behind the mob)
- At level 60+ thfs get 100% critrate and hitrate with TA as long as they're behind a player
- A failed SA now takes crit merits into account
- A missed SA (which is now possible) now takes accuracy stuff into account

What does not work:
- The 100% crit- and hitrate do not trigger during a WS

Frankly, I don't know how to do that.
I guess I'd have to edit the weaponskill.lua for it, no? I looked a bit through it and it shouldn't be all too hard, but I kept my fingers from it because I'm not quite certain if it's only weaponskill.lua or some other stuff as well.
Attachments
assassin_trait_v2.patch
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

ciradan

Post by ciradan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Here is the updated version of my patch, now including the assassin trait working with WSs.

Would be nice if someone could take a look at it.
Worked fine on my server.

edit: Oh yeah, and I made some changes to the souleaterBonus in the weaponskill.lua that seemed really weird.
Souleater was only applying when either a WS crited AND you have thf main, or when a weaponskill can't crit.
I left the original code about that in and just commented it out, in case I just understood something wrong.

Update: Fixed the AGI bonus being calculated wrong for a WSs that did not crit. Generally made the code I added less bloated.

Update2: fixed a bug where assassin was not applying during a WS and sometimes it was applying even though it shouldn't have. Generally tidied up my code a whole lot.
Sorry for making so many updates on this, it's been a pretty long time since I coded something lol...
This should be the last update though.
Attachments
assassin_trait_v5 .patch
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Last edited by ciradan on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I can't reliably test anything until this latest client update is fixed so either someone else will have to take a look or it'll have to wait until the client issues are worked out.

ciradan

Post by ciradan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

bump...

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:35 pm

going to be revising this this week most likely

didn't want to bother with assassin until the positional calculations were updated (as assassin doesn't really matter if TA only works from behind...)

ciradan

Post by ciradan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

I took a look at your Assassin stuff, found a few problems:

- TA for WSs is NOT supposed to give 100%, only when you have the Assassin trait
- TA for WSs is supposed to give AGI bonus even when you don't have Assassin (so a non-crited, TA'd WS still gets AGI bonus * ftp * pdif)
- TA and SA are NOT supposed to give 100% hitrate, UNLESS their requirements are met (stand behind party/alliance member, stand behind mob)

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

thanks, i'll look into it sometime in the future

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm

ciradan wrote:- TA for WSs is NOT supposed to give 100%, only when you have the Assassin trait
you accidentally a word, so i'm not sure what you're talking about here