Cures, BLU cures, and general cleaning in globals/magic.lua

Zedingo
Developer

Cures, BLU cures, and general cleaning in globals/magic.lua

Post by Zedingo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am

Fixed up cures to use the formula at http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure ... lator.html and data from BGWiki
Moved cure potency to a modifier (which caps at 50%) and added a modifier for "potency of cure received", used by Healer's Roll and some items.
Fixed Iridescence in addBonuses (it should apply +/- 10%, separately from Obi bonus, and still with the 35% day/wx bonus cap)
Fixed getHelixDuration to use what's known about helix duration at BGWiki. Testing is still ongoing for how Dark Arts increases duration.
Afflatus Solace stoneskin cap CAN pass 300 http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420- ... ost4335720
Added BLU cure spells
Added USE_OLD_CURE_FORMULA to globals/settings.lua for old school servers to use the older cure formula
Added cure potency and cure potency received items to item_mods
Cleaned up magic.lua a bit and changed most vars to local (local is much better unless the var HAS to be shared)

I've probably made some stupid mistake somewhere and would appreciate any help in tracking it down. For now, I must sleep.
Attachments
cure_update.patch
(76.27 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

Zedingo
Developer

Re: Cures, BLU cures, and general cleaning in globals/magic.

Post by Zedingo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Oh, one thing before I sleep. I set up cures to use Lotus's magic damage formulas, and I used the cure's minimum restore amounts for V. These WILL need to be changed at some point in the near future after we see how much they need to be adjusted.

Previously cures were doing 100% of normal cure power, potency included, without any chance for a resist. Now at least mobs can resist and the spells aren't getting extremely overpowered with 3 more dmg per 1 MND, 3 VIT, or 5 healing skill.

Zedingo
Developer

Post by Zedingo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Found and fixed my stupid mistakes.
Attachments
cure_update_redux.patch
(72.05 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm

committed r2234
-- Whasf