AI playerbots

uwill99

AI playerbots

Post by uwill99 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:58 pm

So, as an avid MMORPG player since the mid 90's, I have experienced a lot of MMOs through the years. Recently, I wanted to go back and complete all those raiding/questing goals I had as a kid, so I started with Everquest. I set up EQEMU and found that the server included AI playerbots, which was awesome! I was playing and raiding with bots, and it felt pretty realistic (bots usually played better than normal players!) So I raided through velious to planes of power, most events bots did fine, obviously with some fine tuning I was able to do a lot of the content. Then I played a WOW emulated server and found that they have AI Playerbots as well, those things definitely play better than 90% of all players lol. I ran through all of BC just fine, except for Mount Hyjal Archimonde, still working on him. But then there is FFXI, and there don't even seem to be mention of playerbots anywhere. I know FFXI has bots, and after reading a bit it looks like Trust magic/Adventuring Fellow has basically added bots/helpers in retail. I was wondering if anyone is working on FFXI playerbots or if it is just basically impossible with how FFXI is made. :ugeek:

atom0s
Developer

Re: AI playerbots

Post by atom0s » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Not impossible but not happening anytime soon as we do not even have monster AI that well tweaked and done. They manage to do what they should for the most part in battle but when it comes to navigation, roaming, movement, and such there is nothing. Along with that, a lot of monster AI is not implemented yet for more in depth AI such as monsters like Tiamat, Vrtra, and so on.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:22 pm

atom0s wrote:such as monsters like Tiamat
you picked the worst examples, they're the only mobs that are actually done

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 pm

kjLotus wrote:
atom0s wrote:such as monsters like Tiamat
you picked the worst examples, they're the only mobs that are actually done
It seems whenever I go away for a week someone fixes something major like this lol...

Anyway, the idea applies in general. Monster AI for more serious encounters are no where near 100% done.
The implementation of Followers which is part of the game has not been started at all and is not something that is really on the table for 'next to do'.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 am

We need to all gather together and discuss the future of this project. I'm tired of how it is languishing in the state it's in.
-- Whasf

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:15 am

Well, let me say thanks to you all who work on the project. It really is pretty amazing what you have been able to accomplish in game. Maybe I can find a botting program or something that will work for the moment. Thanks for the help and for all the fun!

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:29 am

uwill99, I know it is off topic, but can you let me know where you found the WoW stuff? I have looked around for WoW emulators, and have found only 1, which appears to be based on 4.3. I am hoping the one you found is better.

atom0s
Developer

Post by atom0s » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:32 am

Delaide wrote:uwill99, I know it is off topic, but can you let me know where you found the WoW stuff? I have looked around for WoW emulators, and have found only 1, which appears to be based on 4.3. I am hoping the one you found is better.
MaNGOS is probably one of the best WoW emu's out there.

uwill99

Post by uwill99 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 am

Yeah, I use MaNGOS with playerbots. http://www.ac-web.org/forums/forumdispl ... 65-Repacks

It's a really nice site that has repacks of most eras with fully functioning bots. I use 3.5.5a Cataclysm bots.

whitevamp

Post by whitevamp » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am

mangos is good aswell.

trinity is preaty good.. http://www.trinitycore.org/

and heres one more thats preaty good. http://www.projectskyfire.org/

it has been awhile sense i played with ether one