Adding a "JOBS" section under development..

Rimxv2

Adding a "JOBS" section under development..

Post by Rimxv2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Lets face it.. one of the best features of FFXI is the job system, and for me is what makes the game fun.. So a place where developers could talk/discuss/receive help on the current broken jobs would be awesome.

Kyousousha

Re: Adding a "JOBS" section under development..

Post by Kyousousha » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:38 am

This is not a bad idea. I will bring it up at our next weekly development meeting and try to push for it to be added to the forums.

Kyousousha

Post by Kyousousha » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Just to follow-up with you...I talked with whasf and CipherX and we are going to add this to both the forums and the Wiki soon.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Personally, I feel like some sort of "status" page, or post, or forum where players and new hosts could quickly and easily see what does and doesn't work would be kind of beneficial. Every time I think about how to phrase/structure it though, my thoughts end up at "they'll just report it all as bugs anyway. Lot of effort for little return."

Jobs would definitely be nice, at least.

Rimxv2

Post by Rimxv2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 am

Awesome guys! This will sure make it a lot smoother to communicate!

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:50 pm

PrBlahBlahtson wrote:Personally, I feel like some sort of "status" page, or post, or forum where players and new hosts could quickly and easily see what does and doesn't work would be kind of beneficial. Every time I think about how to phrase/structure it though, my thoughts end up at "they'll just report it all as bugs anyway. Lot of effort for little return."

Jobs would definitely be nice, at least.
I used to keep a running list of what was updated on the homepage of the test server, but it was a pain to try to condense sometimes 5+ commit messages into one line of text. I gave up...
-- Whasf

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 pm

What I'd been tossing around in my head was something closer to the quest/mission pages on the wiki. A table for each job, a column for animation and for behavior, notes below that to explain any partial support/yellow cells. That format doesn't really work well for more general situations though, like "monsters all link by sound currently," or "truesight acts like truesound."

I definitely like any idea that makes an "at a glance" list of what to expect from Darkstar, though. It gives an answer for the people willing to look.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Done. Under jobs is a forum for each job too!
-- Whasf