Drop Rates

thrydwolf

Drop Rates

Post by thrydwolf » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Howdy all! I was looking for a config for Drop Rates and found it has not been coded. I agree with Wolke that a direct DB value change may not be the best solution, but understand BlueKirby's perspective that we don't want to provide a dozen different ways to increase drop rates in a config file: (see thread on previous forums if you have access.).

or see expert quoted:
I think modifying the DB values is not such a good idea, although it may be a viable solution for now. ~Wolke
"How" you want to alter the drop rates is the key problem here. Not everyone is going to want it altered in the same way, and cluttering the code with half a dozen modification methods to choose from is just silly. ~blueskirby0
I also agree that we don't want 0% drop rates to increase, and don't want to drop rates to go over 100%. I think most people would agree with this.

Is there anyone that wants to work on creating a config for Settings.LUA to increase drop rates / gil drop rates?

I was also thinking for smaller server populations, it would be beneficial to be able to add gil drops to all mobs. I will try to find the code to do that, but if anyone can point me in the right direction (which file) I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!! Great job everyone!!!!

thrydwolf

Re: Drop Rates

Post by thrydwolf » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Here is the code from previous forum post to modify src\map\ai\ai_mob_dummy.cpp to change drop rates without increasing 0 values or going over 100%.

Code: Select all

float dropRate = 0;

if (DropList->at(i).DropRate == 100 || DropList->at(i).DropRate == 0) {
     dropRate = DropList->at(i).DropRate;
}
else {
     dropRate = DropList->at(i).DropRate + ((100-DropList->at(i).DropRate)/100 * modDropRate)
}

if(rand()%100 < dropRate) {
}
I will try it out on my server and see how it goes.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Drop Rates

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:34 pm

thrydwolf wrote:Is there anyone that wants to work on creating a config for Settings.LUA to increase drop rates / gil drop rates?
Because that's handled in the core, rather than by an LUA, you'll probably want to put the setting into the .conf files, rather than settings.lua. It's... well, it's easier. Let's just go with that.