Monstrosity

Ochretis

Monstrosity

Post by Ochretis » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Okay, I realize this may be a pipedream and unattainable but I have to ask since SE has made it clear they are dropping my favorite content down the drain. Ever since monstrosity came out I absolutely loved it. I know it didn't really have any character rewards like CP% bonus or skill up% bonuses like monster rearing like it really deserved, but man how I loved playing as monsters and leveling them up. This leads me to my question. If I were to make a server, would it be possible for me to determine which packets did what for monstrosity and possibly make monstrosity working and eventually add to it? I've seen people working on different things like trust npcs and such and I was hoping that this is something possible to do, although maybe very difficult. If anyone would have any insight as to it's possibility and how I might want to get started, it'd be greatly appreciated. Obviously I would have to figure out how to get the regular monstrosity working properly first which would be the first hurdle, and assumingly difficult on its own, but my goal would be to add the monsters/families SE never finished implementing. I know there's quite a few dats in the files for moves etc though I'm unsure of how many. Can anyone just let me know if this kind of thing is even possible or is the most I could do is just get whatever SE has already done working normally? Thank you for your time and help.

Best Regards,
Ochretis

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Monstrosity

Post by kjLotus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:23 am

it's possible, sure, would be a ton of work though. The only monstrosity related thing that exists currently is changing character models to monster models, the rest (monstrosity unlocks, equips, names, levelling, etc) would all need to be done from scratch. None of the packets are in DSP (but I think they are all on the windower resource). Yeah, it'd be a lot of work (way more than trusts, for example)

Ochretis

Post by Ochretis » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:12 am

Even possible to continue adding the families that were promised? Like undead, demon, dragon? Sorry I know that it's hard to answer that, because I'm sure anything is technically possible assuming you find the packets and adjust things accordingly, just wanting to make sure before I try to delve into such a project.

Altreer

Post by Altreer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:31 am

One would assume that even if they were promised by SE, they may have been added to the packets but not released. You would merely have to do some snooping to see if they were there. If they weren't, I doubt it would be possible to implement custom families. That is merely conjecture though. Monstrosity, along with trust, are the two things that I would put on the top of my list for what I wish DSP would have. It would certainly add a lot of spice to the current project and would certainly attract a lot more people to the private servers. Unfortunately for me my coding abilities are little more than trying to throw something at a wall to see what sticks so I personally could not do such work. If you decide to embark on such an ambitious project, more power to you. You would be a personal hero of mine.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 pm

it all depends on whether you can activate the UI elements or not, basically