Level Sync

cupofnoodles

Level Sync

Post by cupofnoodles » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I was in a server the other day and myself and the owner went to promies, thinking we might be on to something for lvl sync, because promies sync you and get exp there. Only thing is after you leave you have to relog to make your stats correct again. Something someone might want to look into.

Flunklesnarkin

Re: Level Sync

Post by Flunklesnarkin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm

I believe the current goal of the project is to make the game stable and complete through the Zilart expansion.

Link to project overview

http://forums.dspt.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5

There are many people who want content beyond that of zilart and have been working on that content. I don't think it is the major goal of the project right now though. Seems like they are trying to finish one expansion then move onto the next expansion. I'd love the game up to WoTG myself but I understand it will take time to get there.

There are many servers that seem ok with half implemented content but that seems like a bad approach to me personally.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 pm

indeed. I want to talk to whasf and get a thread made for pure NOT what DSP is working on. It's a bit tedious to have link the same info stating DSP is not working on anything after Zilart every other day lol. However, This one is regarding level sync or level capping. This is most useful for us right now as we are implementing BCNM's and ahve no way to force level cap. Maybe a core guy can investigate what you have and use it for BCNMs.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm

I want to talk to whasf and get a thread made for pure NOT what DSP is working on.
Agreed. x100. I feel like the biggest thing missing from the project right now is communication of where the project stands, and where it's going. What works, what doesn't, and what's not even planned right now. Bonus points if "why" is included on what doesn't. I've started to write a post more than once, but backed down when I cooled off and thought about it.

cupofnoodles

Post by cupofnoodles » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I understand and agree, if an administrator can delete this post, it would be much appreciated.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 am

I need to do an audit of the project and see what is working and what isn't with regards to our goal of Zilart. If (for example) we are 90% there then we can start looking at going further.
-- Whasf

tazm

Post by tazm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 pm

anyone know progress on level sync

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 pm

There is insufficient data available from the ffxi community to correctly implement level sync because of gear stat scaling.

tazm

Post by tazm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 pm

is there anyway of doing it but the persons has to put lower armor on? like for instance bcnm old

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am

Its doable. The logic to check the validity of gear is already there and used elsewhere so recycling it for this wouldn't be a problem. It hasn't made it onto anyone's priority list yet, though. I'm personally only working on low-level stuff for a while until I'm satisfied with the foundation the core rests on, but perhaps someone else will champion your cause.